~27

Bryce's POV:

Last day of school

The weeks flew by quickly, we are in April and our first term break starts at 3 pm once school is dismissed, my friends are going to the lakehouse tomorrow, we leave the city at 9 am.

Abby and I are close now, we use Sundays afternoon to do different activities, either go to the park or play games at home, we will have to miss our activity this Sunday since I will not be here.

My parents decided to take a week's break and take Abby with them as well since no one will be here to watch her anyways.

"Are you pack and ready to go?" Donovan asks me as we enter the school, exams are more or less over, we get our results before we leave today but still have to attend classes as normal.

"Yes", I nod, "I pack extra lanterns as well in case the electricity goes."

"I check the weather, we aren't expected to have any storm for the week", Felix explains, "only one or two passing rain."

"How cold the lake will be?"

"Very, that's why we have an indoor hot tub and a pool which can be turned to a warmer water temperature", Avery replies.

I nod.

"We only use the lake during spring and summer, autumn is too cold unless you want to get pneumonia after using it", Avalon chuckles.

"I'll use the hot tub."

"Wise choice."

I already clean out my locker earlier this week, it had a few trash since I don't keep junk in there.

_____

"8 more hours and we are out of here", Bailey cheers.

We are at our table for lunch.

"Yes, no more test", I agree, and what a relief.

"The lakehouse is going to be epic as well, are we throwing any party?" Mackenzie asks.

"Party?" I frown.

"Yeah, we do one every year, Sunday night or Monday night", she explains.

"I see", I nod.

I see Mackenzie giving me glances, I know she still wants me, thankfully I'm getting a room of my own at the house.

I haven't to Nina in almost 2 months not after what she did to me, last I heard she was dating the captain of the football team at her school. Elle is nonexistent to Luciano as well, his sole focus is on Bailey now.

"Who is doing the grocery later?" Avalon asks.

"Donovan, Felix, and I don't worry I am going so they don't buy too much junk for us to be eating unhealthy for the week", Avery chuckles.

"Good, do you have the list?"

"Of course and it's a long one."

"We may have to buy stuff for the party when we choose a date for it", Donovan adds.

"Tuesday", Jesse suggests.

"We can have a pool party, everyone can come in the evening, those who want to risk it and jump in the lake that's entirely up to them", Avalon states.

The group agrees that the party will be on Tuesday and we pass along the message to other people.

2:45 pm

I am sitting in homeroom with the rest of my classmates, Avalon, Avery, Jesse, and Bailey are here as well.

The teacher left to collect our report cards to take home with us, she enters and hands each student their card.