12. Talk

You crossed your arms in frustration. No one believed you. Everyone thinks you're the one at fault. You found yourself shaking in anger, you kept mumbling to yourself, so you don't lash out.  As soon as Nat reached the compound, you got out and headed to your room.

"What's going on with her?" Steve saw you storming through the room.

"She got suspended from school for one week." Nat went to grab a drink and sat down.

"You didn't listen to her, did you?" Steve figuring out the problem.

"What do you mean?" Nat took a sip from her drink.

"Getting suspended from school is the least of her problems, she just feels like nobody is listening to her."

"I thought you didn't like her here."

"Now she's here. What can I do?"

Nat placed her fingers on her chin thinking about something.

Steve stood up and was about to leave. "I'm sure you can handle her." Nat sighed in response. "I don't know what to do."

---

You flung your bag on the floor and punched the wall again. Repeatedly this time. You went to the bathroom and filled the sink with water. You put your head in and screamed hoping to release your anger and calm down. You tried to control your breathing as you dried your face with a towel.

You heard someone knock on the door. "It's me. I want to talk to you." Nat was standing outside your door.

"Go away. There's nothing to talk about." You shouted from your bathroom.

"Just let me in."

You put the towel on the table and went to open the door.

"What do you want? I thought you didn't want to hear from me?" You sat at the edge of your bed.

"I'm sorry. I should have given you a chance to."

"Stop contradicting yourself. One moment you ask me to shut up and the next moment you ask me to talk. I am trained to be a killer, not to study or do this kind of thing." You raised your voice against her.

'I should have listened to you, I'm sorry. Just let me clean your wound for you."

You looked away from her and stayed silent. Since you didn't openly oppose the idea, she took it as a yes and took a seat in front of you. She opened the first-aid kit and took out a cream to put it on your lips. This was the first time you were at such a close distance to her. You don't remember when was the last time someone was so close to you for a good reason.

"Alright. It shouldn't leave a scar." Nat closed the first-aid kid, seeing that you were still not talking to her, she stood up and left your room.

---

Over the next few days, you spent most of your time in your room staring out at the city. You slept whenever you felt like it, in the morning or night, without a care in the world.

"Tony is having a meeting." Wanda knocked at your door and informed you.

"I'll be down in a moment." You went to freshen up and met with everyone in the meeting room.

You took the free seat next to Wanda and faced Tony.

"This is going to be your first mission Y/N, so pay attention. We have found where Strucker is currently hiding, and we should strike while the iron is hot."

"What is the plan?" Steve asked Tony

"Attack."