18. Peter

Teachers dismissed everyone and students went back to their classrooms to grab their bags and leave.

You grabbed your bag and waited for Peter at the back of the school. Peter came round the corner, and you kept your phone in your pocket.

"So, you're Spiderman huh." You put your hands in your pocket.

"What? N-No." Peter shook his head violently.

"Then why are you here? I only asked Spiderman to come." You tilt your head.

"I- I followed you here." Peter stumbled on his words.

"Don't lie, I've got intel." You waved your phone in front of you.

"What? I've no idea w-what you're talking about."

You moved your head to look behind Peter, causing him to turn and look as well. Nat was here to pick you up.

"You should come over some day. It's boring being alone. You know where it is right?" You tapped his shoulder before getting into Nat's car.

"What happened?" Nat asked as she drove off.

"There was a terrorist attack at school. Was it not on the news?" It was quite a big thing; you're surprised that it hasn't reached the news yet.

When you got back to the compound, the first thing you did was to complete this week's homework. It was already the end of the week, but you haven't touched your homework at all. Missing this week's work was not a wise choice because you have been given several warnings. You hit yourself for forgetting to ask Peter about his notes but then you realised he was not in class anyways. He's not going to be of much help.

It was almost evening when you finished your work. You felt restless, not wanting to go to bed yet. You had some leftover energy, so you decided to find Nat to do some late training.

You found her still in the office going through some paperwork, so you turned around not wanting to disturb her.

"What are you doing here?" Nat noticed you walking away through the glass door.

"Nothing." You replied quickly.

You gulped as she left the office and walked towards you. You bend back a little as she leaves little room between you and her.

"You're lying." Nat spoke in a low voice.

You broke under her pressure. "Yes, I lied. I just wanted to see if you were free for training." You closed your eyes as you spoke.

You opened one eye and then the other when nothing happened.

"Why are you so scared?" Nat took a step back.

"W- Who wouldn't?" You widen your eyes.