Chapter 18~What Happens Next?

(Possible TWs: Explosion from last chapter, flashbacks of the last chapter(s), first signs of grief, criminal base, sightings of gambling, angsty shit, cells, trapped with a snake, mental breakdowns, threatens with knife, mentions of torturing, mentions of starving someone, a forced deal, swearing)

Nobody's POV

They started to pick up some huge rocks that they could carry and started bashing it to the wall and at the last 20 seconds at the timer, the wall broke and they all jumped through it running away on the grassy field before it exploded flinging some of them.

They had several injuries but at least they were alive.

Wilbur's POV

After that encounter with Fundy trying to save us twice, the whole time in the van I felt...numb. Like I cant feel anything. Now that I saw the explosion in the school where I last saw Techno and Phil are, I just...I- they're dead. Arent they? How could they escape from that situation? Unless Tommy came back and saved them but...there's no way Tommy could defeat all of those criminals even with his guns.

Wait that could also mean...no...no no no no no. I refuse to believe- wait, is this feeling...? Am I actually feeling death right now? Am I feeling what people feel when they lost someone? No, I dont think this is actually it. Usually people crying- wait, I did cry before but its only a tear. Ok what about  when people started to feel- no no, definitely felt that one too. What are the five stages of grief again?

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance right?

Yea...I did felt at least two of them but only a little...but that already hurts so much. Now I understand why people hates to feel it and I had always been desperate to feel those kinds of feelings but now that I had felt a bit of it, I- I- kind of

"You felt it yet kid? Thats what happens when you started to feel cared or loved." One of them said

"...Wh-wha? The fuck are you talking to me?" I said forcing myself to speak after that shout that nearly broke my voice

"Dont listen to him, he'll speak about his boring life again."

"Hey at least mine is little bit more dramatic than your...perfect life."

"Hah! You're just jealous of me."

'The fuck is this conversation??? Whatever I'll just-'

"Hey did you know that-"

'Uuuuugggggghhhhh, is this guy ever going to stop talking?!'

"Dont worry, he's gonna get tired of no one listening and wont speak."

"..."

"Hey why is the other guy not talking much?"

I guess their talking about Dream since all he had been doing was just looking out the window. It must've hit hard for him despite him and Techno having a fight, he was his best ever friend and probably still is for him. Wait, what am I thinking? They must be alive. They have to be because they have survived so much close encounters.

"Alright! We're here."

"Hm?"

"Okay, the one thing we asked from you is that, please don't tell anybody that we talked. Act stone faced and scared at the same time cuz...you might not know what he would do next if you havent felt scared or sad or yea whatever."

"...why are you helping me?!"

"Am I helping you? Well then, ignore everything I said and dont whine when I hurt you. Because I dont care and its annoying. Now lets go."