Chapter 4

It was the man earlier at the hotel. Chuuya was shocked to see this news at first, then anger rose in him. He abruptly stood up and rushed back home gritting his teeth, his hands balled up into fists.

He harshly barged into the apartment, which startled Dazai, whom was already at home. ''Chuu--'' ''IT WAS YOU WHO DID IT WASN'T IT ?!'' Dazai was startled. ''Do what? What are you talking about ?'' He stretched out his hand to reach out to Chuuya.

This time, Chuuya didn't avoid. On the contrary, he grabbed Dazai's wrist, he didn't care with how much force he did that. ''Ah--'' ''YOU DID THAT ! YOU ORDERED SOMEONE TO KILL HIM DIDN'T YOU ?! SERIOUSLY ?! JUST BECAUSE I SLEPT WITH HIM ?!! ''

Right after blurting his words out, Chuuya immediately realized that he made a terrible mistake. It wasn't that he confessed. It was because Dazai looked shocked, he froze, hazel eyes widened after hearing what Chuuya had just said. Ocean blue eyes widened in shock too.

It... it wasn't you...

Chuuya messed up bad. He didn't just cheat on him, he even wrongly accused him of killing the one he cheated with. Chuuya didn't know how Dazai would react. A harsh punch, a merciless strangle, or even a sharp blade slashing into his throat ? He couldn't feel his heart beat as he waited for what's to come. But how Dazai really reacted was the worst amongst all of that, it was more heartbreaking than anything.

Dazai slowly freed his wrist from Chuuya's grip. It was already bruised. Then he tore his gaze from Chuuya and lowered his head, he stared at the floor. His eyes didn't shine like before. ''... you could've just told me that you don't wanna... be with me... anymore...'' Chuuya didn't say anything, because he froze at the second he realized what he had done.

Dazai wasn't one to open up and show his feelings in front of others. But when he was with Chuuya, he tried hard to allow himself to feel more, to live like a normal human being. He struggled to understand what it meant to feel, to live. Chuuya was the only one Dazai was willing to open up to, he knew exactly how important he was to him, what an important role he played in the brunet's life, and yet he hurt him, he hurt him hard.

It hurt, to Chuuya it hurt too. Because Dazai was going to shut himself in his own shapeless cage again, he was going to shut everybody out again, including him. Dazai took a step backwards, then he slowly turned around and left the house. He didn't look back at Chuuya, he stared downwards the whole time. Chuuya didn't do anything, he didn't call out to him, he didn't stop him. He wasn't sure what he should do, or what he could do.

Dazai didn't slam the door loudly nor yell at Chuuya, he just left in silence and walked in the long aisle alone. For the first time he didn't know where to go.

*FEW DAYS AGO*

Oda thought for a while. ''Do you want me to look into this ?'' Dazai turned to look at him, then he turned back to his drink and took a sip. ''No, if he wants to talk about it, he will sometime ,''

*PRESENT*

The same aisle he walked in everyday, it felt different, it felt cold. Something was feeding on his hollowness inside. It felt like a black hole grew larger and larger inside, feeding on the light in him, feeding on the hope and happiness in him, emptying his already empty soul. But at the same time, it felt like someone stuffed a whole big bucket of ice in him, surrounding his beating heart with utter coldness. It was cold, it was so cold it hurt.

He slowed down his pace and eventually stopped. He raised his hand up before his chest and gripped onto his clothes.

Is this... is this heartbreak... ?

Chuuya was left alone. He didn't know if he should leave the house. He didn't know if he should run after the brunet to apologize and get him to come back no matter what. He didn't know if Dazai was willing to listen to any more of his words. He had no clue, no clue at all of what he could possibly do to save whatever's left between them. Things couldn't be any worse.

Chuuya fell backwards, his back leaning against the wall behind him. Then he slowly crouched and buried his head in his hands. His eyes were hazed, his mind was blank, he didn't know what to think.

The sun had set, he waited for Dazai to come home. He wasn't sure what he was waiting for. He didn't know what to say to him even if he did come back. But at the very end, Dazai didn't show up. Chuuya sat on the bed hugging his knees before his chest. He stared blankly at the other side of the bed, where Dazai usually sat on. The lights in the room weren't switched on. Only dim moonlight from outside the window shone onto the bed, where he was staring at. He couldn't sleep, not after what had happened in the afternoon.

*

''Dazai? Why are you here ?'' Oda noticed Dazai's presence as he approached the bar counter. Dazai was leaning on the wooden surface, the back of his head facing Oda. He didn't respond. ''Dazai ?'' Oda put his hand on the brunet's shoulder. Then Dazai lifted his head and turned around to face him. His cheeks were pink, his eyes were hazy, barely open. Oda's eyes widened in shock. ''Are you drunk ?!'' It was the first time Oda ever saw him like this.

Then Dazai clumsily stood up from his seat and staggered to him, but right after his first step he fell towards him. Oda immediately caught him in a hugging manner. ''Da--Dazai are you alright ?'' Dazai could barely keep himself standing, his head buried in Oda's chest. Then he pulled away a little and gripped onto Oda's sleeves. ''Od--Odasaku, did I do something wrong ?'' He slurred. Then he chuckled bitterly. ''Right, life... life itself is a mist...mistake... I forgot ,'' He finished with a light chuckle.

''Dazai-kun ?'' Ango came. ''What's happening ?'' He asked Oda as he approached the two. ''I dunno ,'' Then Oda took out his phone and dialed in Chuuya's number. But before he could press the call button, Dazai gripped his hand with his phone in it and pulled it down. He looked at the brunet, whom just stared down. Ango saw everything too. ''Odasaku-san, I think it's best you take him to your house for the night ,'' Oda nodded and stood up, holding the drunk brunet.

Once Oda arrived at his home, he brought Dazai to his bedroom and let him lie on his bed. At this point, Dazai had basically passed out in light of alcohol. ''Mmm...'' Dazai frowned and made noise when Oda gently wiped his face with a wet cloth. ''It's okay, it's okay, it's just me ,'' Oda patted his head to comfort him like he did a child. Then Dazai finally relaxed. Oda didn't know what had happened to him, but he was certain it had something to do with Chuuya.

*

It was already four at night, yet still no sign of Dazai. Chuuya hugged his knees tighter and buried his head in them.

I'm sorry...