100

you guys deserve this.... here you go<3 pls forgive me for putting u thru so much pain 🙏

real life

August sat on one of the many empty seats in the arena, watching as the crew set up the cameras.

Everything was ready.

The stage was all set. The lights were all set. The cameramen were getting into position. She was dressed pretty casually in a lilac coloured pant suit with just a white t-shirt underneath and a pair of white converses. Her earpiece was already in. Her instruments were all tuned.

All she had to do was wait for the green-light to get on stage and start the show.

Her insides were a mess. She really shouldn't have had that extra cup of coffee. Now she was a nervous, jittery, nauseous mess.

She jumped when a hand settled gently on her shoulder and she looked to her right to see Taylor by her side. Taylor wasn't overdressed either. She was wearing a long, and casual flowey dress that looked pretty comfortable actually. She had kept her hair falling down bed back in waves and her make-up was kept minimal and still, she looked ethereal. August's heart still flipped in her ribcage.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Taylor asked, settling down in the seat next to her.

August smiled tightly and nodded, brushing her curls back. "I'm good, I think," she responded calmly.

"Your leg's telling a completely different story," Taylor pointed out, her index waving in the direction of August's knee bopping up and down at a relatively fast pace.

August laughed sheepishly and willed her leg to stop bouncing. "I had way too many cups of coffee."

Taylor smiled softly. Her hand hesitated for a second before she finally decided it would be okay to rest it over August's own hand and give it a small squeeze.

"You're gonna do great," she reassured her. "You rehearsed every song like a million times, and besides, you didn't even need the rehearsals. You hit every note perfectly every single time."

"Yeah," August huffed. "When there weren't thousands of people watching!"

"Well, I was just talking to Jamie, actually, and she said we're expecting about a fifty-thousand people to be watching it live," Taylor said, which really didn't help August's nerve.

"And then the live-stream will be available for just about anyone to watch it so that's the whole world!"

"Come on, now you just sound arrogant!" Taylor joked and it actually made August laugh and relax a little. "Seriously, you're gonna be great. And I'll be up there with you."

"For the first three minutes."

"And I'll be sitting right here for the rest of the hour. I'll shout encouragements and everything!"

"That's just gonna be awkward," August deadpanned and Taylor grinned anyway until they were interrupted by Jamie, August's publicist.

"Hey, you guys ready? We start in five."

August shared a looked with Taylor, let out a shaky breath and finally nodded. "Yeah, we're good to go."