Five Little Felons

"Harry James Potter, I hope you weren't planning on sneaking out and losing Gryffindor any more points." Said Hermione. She was sitting in an armchair in the common room like a disappointed mother.

"Sorry 'Mione." Said Ron, peaking out from under the invisibility cloak. "It's important."

"Of course he's bringing you." She sighed. "No offense. Anyhow, what could possibly be so important that you're risking the rest of Gyffindor's points? We're going to lose to Malfoy at this point."

"Really," said Harry. "It's a wonder we still have any points between the twins, Snape, and me."

"Indeed."

Seeing that Hermione's eyes were temporarily shut with exasperation, Harry seized the opportunity to sneak himself and Ron out of the room. Or at least, he tried to. But Ron was clumsy, and tripped over the cloak, and sent himself tumbling to the floor.

Hermione was on them in an instant.

"I can't believe you tried to sneak out when you knew I was watching you! First Neville, and I'm not really surprised about you two, but still- Do people think-"

"What happened to Neville?" Asked Harry, careless of his interruption.

"Oh, he's snuck out. I would have stopped him, but I knew I'd need my energy to deal with you."

"Hermione!"

"Alright, listen." Said Draco "we need to figure some way to kill this stupid rumor about me having a crush on you."

"Kill it, burn it, bury the ashes at the bottom of the Black Lake." Agreed Neville.

"I say we hang the one who started it above Dumbledore's seat."

"I meant kill the rumor, not Harry. Although, I guess your family wouldn't mind him being dead. What with their involvement in the war..."

"I don't know what you're talking about. My father was cleared of all charges." Draco was very offended. And also smug.

"I'm sure." Said Neville sarcastically.

"That's such a muggle word. Longbottoms. Pathetic excuses for pure bloods."

Now Neville was rightly pissed. "Don't you dare say anything about my parents! Especially when it was your aunt who tortured them!"

"I didn't say anything."

The two paused in their bickering.

They could hear another group talking.

"I can't believe you convinced me to sneak out again! If it wasn't so important we stop Voldemort-". That voice obviously belonged to Hermione.

Ron shushed her.

"Hermione, wherever did you get the idea I wanted to stop my most special friend?" Now Harry was speaking. Both Draco and Neville hated that they could recognize the three by just their voices.

"Obviously you're only joking about him being your... partner. You don't always need to act like he is. There are healthier coping mechanisms."

Ron shushed her.

"Well how come you always let Harry speak!" Hermione was indignant.

The three invisible children walked past Draco and Neville.

Draco and Neville followed them.

"Revenge." Whispered Draco to Neville.

Neville smiled a surprisingly satisfied smile.