Nine Little Crashes

Harry, Hermione, and Ron were running very late.

Well, they had left the house on time, gotten in the car with all of Ron's siblings, and gotten out at the same time. The problem happened when a tawny brown owl landed on Harry's shoulder.

Naturally, Harry had accio-ed some muggle's sausage roll, taken the small parcel, and given the brown owl the roll, throwing Hedwig into a fit of jealous rage. By some sort of wildly predictable magic, her cage came unlocked, and the three spent nearly ten minutes trying to get her back. This, of course, led to them to run straight into the very corporeal barricade.

Hermione rubbed her very bruised head. "I can't believe that you two convinced me to run straight at the barricade!" she groaned from the floor.

Ron didn't respond.

Harry, however, jumped right back onto his feet. "Right-o then! To the car."

Hermione frowned. "Shouldn't we let someone know? No one's come out of the barricade, they might be trapped, and I know that by now we've missed the train."

"Oh Hermione, they're wizards. They've all apparated away by now. Toodle-pip and they're off."

"They're not all wizards Harry." said Hermione.

"Jolly good then." said Harry, beginning to push his stuff to the car.

"Harry, we need to call someone." said Hermione. "Oh, but I don't know how. Ronald, do you know how we can speak to Dumbledore?"

Ron groaned. Harry continued on his way.

"Harry, I think he's got a concussion."

"Right-o, Hermione!"

"Harry, do you have a concussion?"

"No, I'm just weird." said Harry, turning around and casting a healing spell on Ron.

Hermione brightened. "Harry, that's it! We can't cast magic over the summer, we'll get in trouble if we cast magic here. You keep casting spells, and I'll look for anyone who might be a wizard."

"Why can't you do it?" asked Harry.

"I could get in serious trouble!"

"Huh?" said Ron, still a bit groggy.

Harry helped him to his feet and pulled him into a run, hurriedly 'explaining' that Hermione was planning to use his fame to get away with an breaking the law.

Harry shoved Ron into the backseat of his parent's car, and quickly shut and locked the door when Hermione ran after them. As Hermione struggled with the spell which trapped her and Ron, Harry quickly loaded all three's stuff into the car and climbed into the front seat.

"Why are you driving?" asked Ron, only put out because it was his parent's car.

"It's like flying for muggles, everyone can do it." Harry explained.

Ron was willing to take it as the truth, but Hermione, having given up for the moment, busied herself explaining all the lies which Harry had carelessly told him.

Soon, the car was up in the air, invisible to the muggle eye. The flight was relatively smooth, and even Hermione found it in her to relax.

Yes, the flight was going great... until it wasn't.

The ford crashed through the ceiling of the Great Hall. This would normally have been impossible, except for as the whomping willow was thrashing the car about, Harry had cast about thirty various protection spells on it, and when the willow finally whomped it towards the school, the combination of the force and strength of the car was enough to rip a hole through the ceiling, and send the car flying down onto the swiftly vacated center tables.