00 ―『 prologue 』

Prologue.

───────────────────────

Life is fucked up.

Well, maybe in my case.

Being born beside a fast-food chain. While people are happily munching their orders, they took sight of a woman giving birth just behind the full glass window. Indeed, it was a not-so-great sight, the staff having no choice but to push the woman - my mom - and my baby-like form away for making their customers lose their appetites.

Living in a squatter area. Wooden houses sticking to each other that looked like it may collapsed at any moment. Unbearable smell of disgusting odor caused by trash just underneath. Plus the unhygeinic citizens.

Being the oldest out of the eight siblings, and with only a mother who takes care of us, it was hard. Always have to sacrifice my needs for the sake of their own. Being the 'oldest' made me feel like an outsider.

I can still remember those times, when my mom and my seven other siblings are sitting on the floor, eating the food i worked hard on finding. While I am just standing in the corner, watching them as my stomach grumbled in hunger with having nothing to put in my mouth.

That shit was like a cycle, a torturous one. Though it was over now that i've stepped in junior high school. Leaving that shitty place along with that shitty family with the money i earned that i never told them. Guilt may be tripping me, but it's not enough for me to just throw away all my hard work just to escape that lifestyle.

Honestly, living along was hard. But it was better than that hell. I was being sheltered by the Sano siblings, which I was grateful for. And now being able to go back to school.

I'm already sixteen, but i'm still in eight grade. I stopped school when I turned eight, ran away from home at ten, and restarted school when i turned eleven.

Shinichiro was a nice guy. He helped me with all the paperwork, and even did his best to legally make me a Sano. No words can express how thankful for having them.

Everything was going well. I became a consistent honor student, became the school librarian's assistant and sell seashell souvenirs at the boulevard everynight for extra cash. The siblings told me to not do it since they can give me money, but I already owe them so much that it's already embarrassing for me.

For me, my life was already perfect, not until I accidentally witness a strawberry haired boy being hit by a group of weird looking men in the dark alley one rainy night.

───────────────────────

rosie.