09 ―『 to my favorite chapter 』

an: y'all ready for the pain?

Chapter Nine - To My Favorite Chapter.

───────────────────────

"Where were you guys? We were looking everywhere for you!" Emma said as soon as we got near them. "I almost thought you ditched us or something."

I smiled apologetically, "I'm sorry, Emma. We rode the ferris wheel."

Manjiro squinted his eyes as soon as he heard what I said. "Ride? Ferris wheel? Just the two of you?" he asked, pointing his finger to me and Haruchiyo as accusations started flooding his mind.

My eyes rolled at the sight of his face. "Stop putting malice on everything. We just rode the ferris wheel, nothing more."

We went home. Ken also bid his goodbye before going to his house. The three Sano's were walking in front, talking about something. While me and Haru were walking behind, slowing down.

I felt his hand wrapped around my arm, pulling me to him until our arms touched. Well, it's not like I didn't notice how he became clingy after our deep talk on the ferris wheel.

A sigh left my lips as I felt his hand caress my head. He became touchy, as well.

All of us went to our respective rooms. I was about to join Emma inside our room when this strawberry haired boy held my wrist.

"Can we talk?" he pleaded.

I just nodded silently before following him to his room.

His room was surprisingly clean. Even cleaner than mine and Emma's. Damn, I'm embarrassed.

Haru went towards the window, opening it. "Do you remember the first time we met?"

"Yeah, you were having your ass get beaten." I laughed at the memory.

He chuckled, holding my wrist as he pulled me towards him. "It's not the best first meeting but I guess it's fine, no?"

A smile was formed on my lips. "Yeah, I guess it is."

With a soft pull, our bodies touched. I felt his arm sneaked behind my back, pulling me onto him more. His other hand held mine as my right hand rested on his chest.

Slowly, he moved. Swaying our bodies with the wind. We danced, our heartbeats served as our music. No other sound but the rustling leaves by the breeze and the rhytmic beats of our hearts were heard.

He rested his chin on top of my hair and whispered, "Thank you."

Raising my head slowly, I looked at him. "For what?"

I waited for an answer, but instead, I got a smile.

"For everything," he whispered. His lips stretched as his scars wrinkled. Without thinking, my hand went to caress it.

"Don't cover your face. You're beautiful without it."

Meeting Haruchiyo, it's like my whole life turned upside down. Series of unexpected events happened. I get to see his good, and bad sides.

It was weird, but seeing myself now, I realized I've changed.

Before, I never really cared about anything other than the Sano's and my grades. I never craved anything but their academic validation.

But now, I'm starting to care about what others think of me. Or rather, what Haruchiyo think of me. I started to craved love, care, and attention. Something I once thought was a waste of time and useless.

Yeah, he's a drug addict, he even had a katana hiding under his bed. But hey, as time passed by, I'm starting to accept it. I'm starting to accept him.

He's just misunderstood. He never shared anything about the drugs and I never opened up that topic ever since. But I know, he had his reason. Since childhood, he'd always been seen as the bad one.