The Narcissus Flower

Chapter - 54

Morning

Tapasya

I'm sitting in front of the dressing table staring at myself. When someone came and put hands around my neck.

" Hii Tapasya didi," Anjali said excited, I smile faintly. She is one of my cousins, she is here this means other relatives would have come.

" Now that you have come Anjali, help Tapasya in getting dressed, " Ma said coming inside the room with Roshini didi.

" Offcourse get her ready after all her engagement is happening with my devar ( brother in law) " Roshini di said.

" Sure but let me tell you one thing my didi is going to look best in engagement more than your devar " Anjali said.

" Yes, they both can never get along because it's a mismatched pair," Ujjwala said coming into the room.

" What are yous saying Ujjwala? Roshini di asked.

" Nothing you both help her and Ujjwala come with me," Ma said with a fake laugh.

^^^^^^^^^^

Tapasya's Ma dragged Ujjwala with her to a room in which her mother is present. She closed the door.

" What happened didi? Ujjwala's mother asked her.

" Ask your daughter," Tapasya's Ma said glaring at Ujjwala.

" What happened?" Ujjwala's Ma asked glaring at her, she didn't say anything.

" She is saying that Tapaysa and Anubhav pair is mismatched" Tapasya's Ma said.

" So what wrong I said? "

" You can't say these things it's unfortunate," Ujjwala's Ma said.

" I said truth and whatever you're doing it's unfortunate"

" Shut up Ujjwala" Tapasya's Ma shouted.

" Why are you guys doing this? You know Tapasya loves Ruhaan than how can you forced her to marry someone else"

" Because this is right for her. Our families are equal and Anubhav is a nice person with  a stable job he will keep Tapasya happy"

" What qualities Ruhaan doesn't have? He is CEO and Tapasya loves him then why are you against them?"

" This is the point, he is CEO and we are middle class. You said about mismatched pair, Ruhaan and Tapasya pair is mismatched"

" Tapasya loves him, she can't be happy with someone else"

" Don't say these movies bullshit to me and what is love ha? What is love? It will happen after marriage"

" Love doesn't work like that"

" And life doesn't work like that. Whatever is happening is happening for Tapasya's happiness so don't even try to do anything" Tapasya's Ma warned her and goes out.