XV.BIRDWATCH

"I have to go, Erwin. I will inform the government about her." Nile said as he stood up from his seat.

"I still can't believe what I just saw." He added as Erwin made a dejected look.

"What do you mean?" A brunette-haired girl with eyeglasses made a questionable look as the short raven haired next to her narrows his eyebrows.

"We....we just saw Vivienne Reiss resurrect in front of us even after I impaled her using a sharp blade," Nile answered as the short raven-haired scoffs.

"That's not possible." The raven-haired said as the brunette-haired girl crosses her arms.

"Erwin?" She asked her commander as Erwin heavily sighed.

"It's true. Though it is hard to believe. How could a human survive after being impaled? When she stood up, her chest where Nile impaled her were....steaming. It looked like that she was regenerating like...a Titan." Erwin stated as his comrades' voices hitched while Nile remained silent.

"So she's a Titan? The brunette haired questioned as she widen her eyes.

"We're not sure...." Nile said as the short raven-haired man looked at the ground, thinking about something.

"This woman might be Titan. Erwin! You told me about your father's theory! What was it again?" She yelled as the short raven-haired man clenches his teeth in annoyance

"It was about an immortal woman that can resurrect the dead and the first king of the Walls, right?!" She yelled as the short raven-haired man scoffs.

"Resurrect the dead? Well, that's impossible." The short raven-haired stated as he crosses his arms.

"Nile and I just saw the Duchess alive with a hole in her chest, Levi. It might be possible" Erwin responded stoically. "And yes Hange, I told you about my father's theory before. Vivienne Reiss might be someone important or maybe knows the truth of the Titans." 

"Here we go again!" Nile exclaimed with a loud scoff. "How many times do I have to tell you, Erwin? She's just a criminal! Stop this act!" He added until a cadet came into his presence. 

"Commander Dok, The Royal Council requests an audience." The cadet said out loud as Nile intimidatingly side-eyes him and said to Erwin "You chunks should stay away from the Duchess. Let me and my men do the job. Do your own like killing Titans outside the Walls, losing many men, and never receiving any information about them, just like what idiots do!"

Levi stepped in, in vexation then grabs Nile's collar as Hange stood there surprised while Erwin wore a stern expression. It's true, the Survey Corps did not learn anything about the Titans after every expedition outside the walls.

Nile furiously pushes away Levi as he clenches his teeth then leaves, leaving the trio alone. He was hesitating if he should tell the Royal Council about Aera, who just resurrected in front of him. Once he got inside the King's throne, he first bowed to the 'Fake' King. "We have heard that Vivienne Reiss was seen earlier. You....you disappointed us." One of the council stated as Nile looks down.

"She escaped...again. When will this madness end..?" One of the council gritted his teeth as the 'Fake' King silently listens to their conversation. "Do you know where she went?" 

"Uh- no." Nile stuttered as he gulped, receiving a stern glare from the council until they heard a door open, revealing Rod Reiss entering the throne room with Kenny on his company.

"We heard about the news," Rod said as he passed by Nile.

"Well, Lord Reiss. The Military failed to do their work...again!" One of the council exclaimed as Nile starts to sweat. While listening to their conversation, Nile stood there silently as Kenny side eyes him.