five ✓ friendly fight

chapter ; five

title ; friendly fight

act one ; twilight

Let me just say, Isla really enjoyed spending time with her uncle when her grandparents were out of town. What were they doing? She didn't know. It was now Sunday; the school week having blown bye in a snap. 

"Just because you're speaking in some random freaking language, doesn't mean that I don't know when you curse at me!" Tobias Wilson yelled towards his niece playfully. 

Toby had once again forgot to make dinner. Isla had been out working a shift and the coffee shop before she came over, only to find he had not made dinner like he promised. 

Why did toby not cook dinner? Well long story short, he invited a nurse he had worked with for a while, (him being an employee at the local hospital) over after work. The two had gotten along strangely well. It was the mystery of who Tobias Wilson was.Or the hair. Because he had nice hair.

And toby well, he could not explain why he was drawn towards the nurse. He would just say "something snapped inside of me and made me fall for Lilith Sage."

Isla paced the kitchen as she rambled on in French, a language her fiancé's had gotten her to learn. 

please pause, was whatever his name was still her fiancé? They never really broke it off, but she wouldn't be surprised if he had already started a new relationship with someone else by now. Of course, he would start off with a friendship before he got down on one knee. 

"I didn't mean to forget! Why couldn't you have picked something up? Huh!" Tobias huffed, his chest puffing out. 

Wrong move.

"Oh, you little shit." Isla ran around the table and jumped on her uncle's back. The adult fell forward underneath the weight of his niece. 

Isla wrapped her legs around her uncle from behind (in a piggyback way) and started hitting him with her bald fists. Not that it was terribly hurting him because, really, Isla was not strong at all. She had the skills like a little mini black widow and could fight like a bad ass, she just was not strong. At. All. Toby laughed as his niece playfully tried to attack him.

— Let me get this straight! If someone were to look inside the window of the beat downs home and see the two fighting, they would call the police officers. It looked like the two were trying to kill each other. And to believe that the two did this regularly. Anytime the two fought it often ended in something physical. It was one of their ways to show the love the niece and uncle had. 

Neither minded that the two got physical with each other. They had been doing it since Isla could practically walk, of course it was not this bad then. And since Isla could hold her own, it because a normal thing between them now that she was older.

Toby flung his niece off his back and went to go grab her foot, but Isla ended up rolling. The dirty blond-haired girl groaned as her face was smacked to the floor. "Are you crazy?! I have school tomorrow!" She panted as she stood, her fists ready for action. 

Tobias threw a fist, hitting his niece right smack in the eye. Isla cried out in pain, but it was short lived as she widely swung, hitting her uncle in the throat. Which ended up with him lying on the floor groaning and gasping. He coughed as his niece continued to hit him. Since she had managed to get him to the floor where she had him on her stomach now. His arm was held behind his back and Isla had her knees digging into his back. 

Toby reached out and tapped his niece's leg twice, signaling he was done, and Isla won. The girl jumped up and danced around, the whole argument and fight between them a distance memory now. Tobias rubbed his chest and throat as he grabbed the car keys and his wallet. "Let's go get dinner." And so off they went, for another carver's cafe dinner. 

════════

Tobias has drove himself and Isla to dinner at the carver cafe. He would have cooked, but he seemed to have had some of his time taken out of his day by nurse Sage.

Plus his cooking skills were not particularly great either. He was much better in a hospital with a staple than in the kitchen with a cooking knife. The two family members sat across from each other as they waited for the drinks and food they ordered.

"You did well you know." Tobias said, referring to the fight they had shared a while ago. 

"Thank you. You could work on not pulling your punches." Isla smiled sweetly as she stopped picking at her knuckles that were red and slightly bloody. 

Tobias gasped at his niece's fake cruelty; she was only doing this to bug him. 

"I need to huh, you want to take this outside. I won't pull my — "

"And here's you go! Enjoy your meals!" The server chirped, interrupting Tobias from finishing his sentence. 

The two dug in, both enjoying their food. Isla ate her burger messily — like she always did — and from any perspective it would look like she had not eaten in days — again, she always looked like that.

Her uncle never understood how she truly ate like she did. She was never starving but she seemed to eat like she was. 

Isla just loved food and could eat lots without complaining and without gaining any weight. Isla did not really care if someone called her messy or gross, she ate her food with a simple shrug and carried on. It never affected them, so why does it bother her?