fifteen ✓ in dear time

chapter ; fifteen

title ; in dear time

act one ; twilight

Isla crept out of her window silently. Her mind racing with thoughts ranging from Alice Cullen possibly wanting to eat her, to the fight she had been in earlier. Her slippered feet pattered against the cold harsh stone sidewalk that needed to be replaced soon. It wasn't long until Isla found herself right behind Forks high school.

The trees were in reach but she waited. She wasn't going to wonder off by herself — she learnt that the hard way. But now she would wait. And wait until the vampire showed herself. That way Isla wouldn't be alone.

Like Alice had sensed Islas presence, the vampire stepped out of the trees, her smile widening as she locked eyes with the nervous, scared girl. 

Isla wondered if Bella knew they were vampires — she can faintly recall Bella having talked about how weird they were.

Isla and Alice made their way into the trees. Isla would stand and balance on fallen logs as Alice just walked awkwardly beside her on the ground. "I, uh, want to know." Isla stated softly as she spun around on the log. She bent down and picked up and handful of flowers, tucking them into her braided hair.

"W—"

"Before you say anything, I want you to know that I'm scared. Freaking out even. So maybe you could go slow?" Isla cut the vampire off timidly.

The human then looked down, finding it was easier to look at her feet than look Alice straight in the eyes. Maybe that was because she hoped deeply that she could be wrong about all this vampire stuff, that this was all just a big trick.

"It's okay." Alice said as she moved to sit on the forest floor, across from Isla

"Me and my family are vampires." Alice bluntly told the girl who sat across from her on a fallen log.

"Are you sure? B-because you look normal."

"We are."

"Does that explain the golden eyes? I thought they were cool contacts but..."

"It does."

"What else. Tell me more."

Alice smiled, she was glad that Isla was at least listening to her. "Our skin is pale because we don't have blood flowing through our veins."

"Oh. So that's why your so cold." Isla stated.

"Yeah. Ug, we can't eat or drink normal human things."

"So what can you drink?"

"Blood. Just blood." Seeing Islas fear Alice instantly added some more words, "Animal. Only animal."

"Oh." Islas eyes widened and her face scrunched up on slight fear.

Isla looked up at Alice. And that's when she noticed everything about Isla. The green little dots that floated around her eyes, mixing with the brown iris. Little freckles that dusted her cheeks, something no one would be able to see without enhanced sight. The brown mixed with her bright blond highlights.

Isla could practically feel the emotions pouring off the vampire. Alice felt scared and angry — she was scared Isla would reject her, want nothing to do with her and she was angry that everything had come down to Isla finding out her and her family's secret. Isla felt confused and there was a good amount of fear added into that. She was scared that Alice could kill her at any second.

"Vampire." The girl said, Islas voice much more quiet then she expected. Her voice was full on wonder though, but even Alice could see deep in her eyes that she was scared of her.

═════════════

It was nearing morning, the sun had just started to rise. The two teenagers had continued to spend time in the forest.

"Can I show you something?" Alice asked out of no where.

"Uh, yeah? Yeah." Isla stood up from her spot and followed Alice to whoever she was going.

Isla was still trying to comprehend the fact that vampires existed. That this wasn't some sick joke the Cullens were playing. That she wasn't really Alice Cullens life long mate.

Alice grabbed islas hand. She started to walk through the trees. "Wait—where are we going? Your not going to kill me right?" Isla wondered out loud.

"Up the mountain. Out of the cloud bank. You need to see what I look like in the sunlight." Alice didn't leave any room for an argument as she continued to drag the girl up the mountain. Isla jumped over logs and rocks as she walked, finding the earth forest to be interesting once again.

After a few minutes of walking Alice decided to pull Isla into her arms. The vampire held onto the girl with cold hands as she ran through the trees. Greens of all colour spotted Islas visions as Alice zoomed through the forest.

This isn't real — replayed in Islas head.

Alice stoped at one of the highest points of the mountain. She let go of Isla before walking forward into the light with her back facing her. Once she was surrounded by light, Alice turned around to face her mate.

The dirty blond haired girl looked at Alice, her body sparkled in the sunlight.

"Oh. Oh my. T-this ain't real. This is just a dream... o-or ive been sucked into a comic book, yeah that it. Let's go with that." Isla exclaimed loudly.

Alice was not happy, in her eyes she was a killer, someone without a soul. And the way Islas eyes lit up with fear broke her dead heart. She didn't that Isla would accept her later on — the teenager was just scare, which she had every right to be. Isla was wrong about everything, she still believed that this wasn't real. It was her way of denial. She just didn't know it yet.