nine ✓ greenhouse

chapter ; nine

title ; greenhouse

act one ; twilight

"How are you feeling?" Alice suddenly asked isle, slowing her pace a little so she could walk in line next to the human as they continued to make their way through the greenhouse.

"Fine." She answered bluntly, slightly upset that Alice didn't want to sit with her on the way to the greenhouse. She thought she and Alice would have sat together from the way the vampire had gone on, and on about the field trip and all that lovely things. But what Isla didn't know, was that Rosalie had convinced her not to sit with the human, saying that there was already too much that had been revealed.

"That's good." The female vampire nodded her head.

"We didn't sit together on the bus." Isla pouted, her eyes darting between the plants as they walked past them. She couldn't help herself but bring it up — she blamed that part of her that weirdly missed Alice.

"I'm sorry, I thought you would have liked to sit with Bella," Alice said to her with a slight scowl and that nice image of Alice immediately shattered. Alice knew that her siblings would be listening in to the conversation, and would scold her if she didn't say what she was supposed to say.

Alice hated being a vampire for that reason: for having to keep her identity a secret. 

Was she mad at me? Isla mentally asked herself.

"Oh," Isla said quietly. "I, um, like your shoes."

"Thank you." Alice smiled before walking off.

Isla looked back to see Bella talking with Edward, who seemed to be annoyed. 

Her mind drifted to what she had heard her grandma and grandpa talk about that morning, she didn't want to leave when she just made friends that she could feel were going to be lifelong friends of hers just because her parents wanted her to get married, still.

Jessica, who Isla had had a few encounters with came bouncing over to her happily. "Isla, guess who just asked me to prom!" She said giddily.

"I guess Mike finally asked you, huh?" Isla tightly smiled — having been glad that Alice kept her up to date with that kind of drama. She wasn't sure how Alice knew it all, considering that she didn't talk to many others. Isla just guessed Alice paid a lot of attention.

"Yeah, I thought he was going to ask Bella," Jessica said. "But he didn't, he asked me. I just hope it's not going to be weird now, right?"

"It won't." Isla disagreed, knowing that Bella had feelings for Edward Cullen and couldn't care less about Mike being with Jessica. "You guys will be great together."

"I know, right?" Jessica quickly responded.

Bella came stumbling over, her feet catching on everything, "Hey, what were you and Alice talking about?"

"Oh, just some stuff, she asked me how I was feeling and if I was okay after the accident," Isla answered, lying slightly, she just wasn't telling the whole truth.

"Yeah, well, just don't get your hopes up. Alice Cullen doesn't date." Jessica pointed out, being blunt. "I don't want you to be disappointed."

"Yeah, thanks." She smiled. "I appreciate it." The lie rolled off her tongue.

When the trip was finally over, everyone was gathered outside waiting for the buses to be ready for people to get on and get back to school so they could go home for the day.

Isla stood by herself, watching as Eric and Mike played with the worms on the stick, pretending to almost throw them at some of the girls.

Isla then looked to the side to see that Mr. Molina was beginning to get people on the bus. Isla turned to Bella. "I'm going to go and get us some good seats." (most likely in the back, because that was Islas favourite.) Isla told Bella and started to walk towards the bus.

She heard footsteps behind her, seeing Edward walking up to Bella. "Hey, Bella, I don't think we should be friends." He suddenly said to the girl, causing her to be a bit blindsided by the way Edward was acting.

Bella and Edward talked some more and Isla returned just in time to catch the two finish the conversation. "You should've just let the van crush me, maybe then it would save you all the regret you feel because you saved me." Oh, so maybe Isla did miss something. Maybe the van has slid even further and got close to Bella.

"Do you think I regret saving you?" Edward asked Bella, he didn't want her to think he hated her, he just wanted him and his family's secret to be safe and he thought if they weren't friends, maybe his secret would stay safe. He couldn't risk anything with Alice and Isla becoming close.

Edward sighed. "Bella, I—"

"Hi." Isla sent a glare to Edward. "Bella, I found us good seats."

════════

hi! if you haven't noticed, a lot of things are being edited. now — I have a question! is there anything you readers would like to see? I have the ending planed out and im thinking of extending it thought, all depends! give me some feedback!