Chapter 4

The editor-in-chief of 《Minus》scolded the little reporter after hearing his recount.  How could this kind of thing be immediately rejected? At least respond positively first, if it doesn’t go through then use ‘conflicts with the photographer’s schedule’ as an excuse to change people.  As expected, young people aren’t reliable.

The little reporter learned something new again, but Ling Mao Er had already been offended, and he apprehensively asked, “Then what should we do about Teacher Mao Er?”

“Its okay, I’m familiar with Teacher Mu so I’ll go ask him.” The editor-in-chief thought it was a bit weird, “Ling Mao Er actually asked for a specific photographer.  I remember that he’s known in the industry for being quite prideful and holding everyone in contempt, why would he view Mu Mu in a favourable light? There is definitely something fishy about this.”

“Ah, maybe it’s just admiration for Teacher Mu’s style?”

“Never mind, don’t worry about this.  Mu Mu is a very amiable person so he’ll probably agree.”

Mu Mu received a surprise when he returned home.  Sitting in front of his door, leisurely licking its fur was the Siamese.

Unmarried and living alone for many years, having travelled all over the place for work, this was the first time he returned and found another living being wholeheartedly waiting for him.  Mu Mu felt his heart warm.

He carefully picked up the Siamese, “Why did you come back, didn’t you return home? Isn’t your owner worried about you?”

Ling Mao Er thought, I don’t have an owner, I only have a servant.  My servant should have found out that I went missing by now and is probably flying into rage.

No matter what, Mu Mu is very happy that the Siamese would return to look for him.  At this time, a call from the magazine’s editor-in-chief arrived.

“Hello?”

“… … ” The editor-in-chief paused, “Did something good happen?”

“Eh?” Mu Mu didn’t realize that, due to his delight, his voice held hints of a smile, “Oh it’s you, what do you mean?”

“You sound like your mood is quite good.”

“Mhm… Indeed.”  Mu Mu sandwiched the phone between his shoulder and ear then used his free hand to dig out his keys to open the door, “Is there something you need?”

“Do you have time tonight?  I’ll treat you to dinner.”

“This… ” Mu Mu hesitated, looking down at the Siamese in his arms.

“There are some work details I want to discuss with you then.”

The Siamese placed its paw on his chest, burying its head into his collar to sniff his scent, the flurry head made him very itchy.

“Alright then, may I bring a friend?”

“No problem, come together, I booked a private room at Shu Wei (Restaurant name, translates to Sichuan Flavour).”

The editor-in-chief left the private room number and Mu Mu noted it down.  He flicked the Siamese’ forehead after hanging up the phone.

“Lets go, I’ll bring you to freeload dinner.”

Mu Mu set the Siamese on his left shoulder.  His shoulders were very broad, Ling Mao Er could very comfortably lie down.

A tall, masculine man bringing a cute obedient pet out, the gap moe attracted many people —— especially the gazes of girls; many women who walked past him would excitedly gossip.