Chapter 7

“Kitty! Kitty!”
Mu Mu anxiously searched, the chances of finding a cat who had ran away due to going into heat on a night like this was practically null.

“Meow——”

A familiar hoarse meow sounded and Mu Mu’s heart raised [1].

“Kitty, is that you?”

A drenched Siamese climbed out of the underbush, clumps of fur sticking out randomly with water plants of dubious origins tangled around its body, its appearance was quite miserable.

“Meow——” It hoarsely called again, practically bewailing its mournful, wretched experience to Mu Mu: went into heat, ran out to find a female cat and didn’t find one, but rather fell into a ditch.

Mu Mu hurriedly took off his jacket and  wrapped it up in a distressed manner, “Are you alright? Why did you run off? I was worried to death.”

The Siamese shivered as it shrank into Mu Mu’s jacket, it was unknown whether this was because of shock or cold.

“It’s alright, it’s alright, ” Mu Mu comforted it, “let’s go home immediately.”

Ling Mao Er once again returned to the warmth of Mu Mu’s home, except this time, it didn’t have the look and grandeur of a cat with royal blood, cutting a rather sorry figure comparable to that of a stray cat instead.

“Come, I’ll give you a bath.” Mu Mu carried the Siamese towards the washroom.

Hearing that it needed to bathe, Ling Mao Er could no longer mind anything else.  As a human, he adored bathes, but as a cat, it rejected bathes—shower head, shampoo, blow dryer; for it, each activity was considered torture .

For the second time tonight, Ling Mao Er tried to run away, but Mu Mu already had experience.   Before it had taken a few steps, something wrapped around its hind leg ( and forcefully dragged it back.

Ling Mao Er was perplexed:  What method was Mu Mu using to catch

me every time?

“What’s wrong, you don’t like baths? That’s not good, look how dirty you are now, even your face is black.  You can only go on the bed after you take a bath.”

If Ling Mao Er could speak, it would begin cursing:  That’s not dirty! That’s my colour point!

Without listening to its protests, Mu Mu sent the Siamese into the bathroom, locking the door behind him.  Now Ling Mao Er was completely unable to escape [2].

“Be good, I’ll wash you quickly.”

Ling Mao Er gave blood-curdling shrieks, each scream more mournful than the last, those that didn’t know the situation may even think that atrocious cat abuse was taking place.

Mu Mu softly coaxed it, using the fastest speed to wet its fur.  Who knew what body of water the Siamese had fallen in, it would be terrible if the water happened to have parasites.

Ling Mao Er smelled a disgusting scent, a combination of disinfectant and cheap pet shampoo.  Anticipating that it would now have to live with this smell for at least a week, Ling Mao Er’s heart was immediately filled with despair.

Mu Mu carefully rubbed [3] every inch of its body from head to tail with pet shampoo.  Although Ling Mao Er’s whole body had already been touched by Mu Mu who knows how many times, this time was the most humiliating.