Chapter 5

Mu Mu was already used to going home at night to see a cat waiting for him at his door, seeing that the Siamese had lived in his home for many consecutive weeks, who knew if the original owner would be anxious.

Mu Mu was a considerate person, if he picked up $10 he would even go look for the original owner, let alone a living, purebred cat.

He brought the Siamese to the community’s pet store, “Is anyone here?”
A pet store worker with an apron tied around his waist walked out from the salon holding a pair of hair clippers, shaking off a body of dog fur before he stepped out.

“Hello, do you want to buy something?”

He saw the Siamese in Mu Mu’s arms immediately, “Is this a Siamese cat? It’s rare to see someone keep one.”

He reached out to pet it and the Siamese bared its fangs at him, making threatening hissing sounds, warning him to not touch it.

Mu Mu was a bit embarrassed, “It doesn’t seem to like being touched by people aside from me.”

“Some cats will have such a temperament.” The clerk understood. 

“I came today to ask if you have seen this cat before. Do you know who it belongs to?”

“Eh? This isn’t your cat?”

“I picked it up downstairs of the fifth unit, it appeared to have been free-ranged raised.”

The clerk thought for a moment, “It seems that unit eight has a tenant that raised a Siamese, I’ve never seen it, only heard the owner mention it.  The owner of the cat was a young man, often coming here to buy fish sausage, so it left an impression.”

“Then do you have their contact details?”

The clerk shook his head, “No, I haven’t seen him come buy for the past few days.”

“Then can I trouble you to help me ask him when you see him again?” Mu Mu left him a business card, “My phone number is on it.”

“No problem!” The clerk agreed immediately.

Mu Mu brought the Siamese on a tour around the store, “Let’s buy you some food.”

After interacting with the Siamese for some time, Mu Mu discovered that it was very intelligent and could pick food for itself.

He set it on the shelves packed with items.

“What do you want to eat?”

Ling Mao Er was unrestrained as it pushed over a tin of cheese flavoured fish sausages.

Mu Mu smiled, “Alright then, we’ll get this one.”

Mu Mu chose a few other cans, paid for them, propped the Siamese onto his shoulder as usual and left with the bag in hand.

The Ke Le who went downstairs to forage for food saw Mu Mu come out of the pet store from afar, just as he wanted to greet the other, a familiar black face suddenly popped from from the other’s front.  He dazed for a moment and his vision was blocked.

Ke Le rubbed his eyes, he thought that maybe he had been mistaken.

Mu Mu didn’t notice Ke Le, taking the Siamese through the door to unit 5.  Ke Le saw clearly from behind: black paw, black tail, white butt, who could it be other than his family’s [master]?

He thought that Ling Mao Er stayed out all night every day to look for female cats, who knew that he was going to Teacher Mu’s house?

Ke Le was shocked, he couldn’t really be going all out for an annual magazine cover… right?