Chapter 8: Sabotage

——————————🐾——————————

There was a gala tonight and reporters were all snapping photos of the Baroness. She stood on the runway, soaking up the attention.

Meanwhile, a motorcycle raced down the street and pulled up the stairs and started doing doughnuts on the pavement, creating smoke.

Cruello hopped off from behind (Y/n), wearing a sparkling jumpsuit and had the words 'The Future' written cross his face.

The Baroness glared at him, and then glanced over to (Y/n) who was leaning against the motorcycle. She was also wearing a fabulous jumpsuit, and she had a mask on to conceal her identity. She noticed the Baroness looking at her and sent her a mocking wave and a smirk.

Jasper turned the power off and 'Cruello' was written all over the building and shown in the blacklight.

Cruello got back on the motorcycle and they sped off.

...

The next day, some workers were reading the article Anita wrote about Cruello and they Baroness snatched it away from them.

"Cruello. Cruello. What sort of name is that anyway? Okay. A proper competitor. I'll just have to destroy him as we have so many before. Find him. And Roger, find out everything about him. Maybe see if you can find out anything about his little 'muse' as well. She seems important to him." The Baroness tossed the newspaper at Roger who fumbled with it.

"I'm more a lawyer than a detective, I..." Roger started. The Baroness turned around and gave him a look.

"Yes, I'll do that." He agreed.

...

At another event, Jasper was wearing a tux and came up to the Baroness's car. Horace was on the other side, and slid a strap underneath the car to Jasper. He picked it up and tossed it over the car to Horace who strapped secured it, locking the Baroness's car door.

Cruello came up behind the car, with (Y/n) on his arm. She gave him her hand and helped him climb on the Baroness's car. His outfit was similar to that of a King, and (Y/n) looked like his Queen. His hair was twisted to look like a crown and he wore a long black and red cape. He swished his cape over the car and posed dramatically, letting the paparazzi snap photos of him. He then, extended his hand to (Y/n). She took it hesitantly, and he pulled her up with him. He pressed her back to his chest, and his hands settled on her hips.

"You look stunning my little muse." He whispered into her ear.

She felt her whole face heat up, and her heart rate increased.

...

"We have no signature piece." The Baroness announced. "And this Cruello person is everywhere. I want ideas. Estello, what have you got?" She asked.

Estello handed her his sketchbook and she flipped through it angrily.

"You seem upset." He commented.

"My dogs are missing, my necklace has been stolen, and this Cruello creature and his little pet are..." she cleared her throat. "This show has to be the best."

"Can I get you some cucumber. Thinly sliced." He said, a hint of mockery in his tone.

The Baroness swiftly turned around and handed him his sketchbook, taking her glasses off.

"Go. And get your dried-up desiccated little brain working." She snapped.

"Of course. And thank you." He said before remembering that gratitude was for losers.

...

A few hours later, the employees were all breaking for lunch. The Baroness stood in her office looking over them.

"Yes, go to lunch you lazy fools." She scowled. She noticed Estello, and suddenly got an idea.

She opened a cabinet that contained a secret security camera that showed an alleyway. Estello was sitting in the alleyway eating and sketching, when someone grabbed his sketchbook, and two men grabbed his arms.

"What? Hey!" He shouted dropping the apple he was eating.

...

The Baroness looked at the sketch he did with interest.

"Mmm. Oh, Estello, I'm surprised at you holding out on me."

"But I was on my lunch break in a public space." He argued.

"Yes, I own the alley." She informed him.

"Really? You can own alleys?" He asked incredulously.

"Alleys, designs, people, their souls." She used her knife to cut out Estello's design. "Check your employment contract." She pinned Estello's drawing to the board. "Well, I seem to have found my new signature piece. How do you like it?" She asked.

Estello just kept is mouth shut and stood there in silent anger.

...

There was another event going on and as usual the Baroness was the center of attention. That is until a dump truck backed it's way to the end of the catwalk. (Y/n) stepped out of the front seat, wearing an outfit made out of newspaper and garbage. She lifted the back and dumped out all the garbage and fabric that was in it. The Baroness looked disgusted, before Cruello popped up out of the garbage. The garbage was actually part of his outfit. He climbed on the back, and held his hand out for (Y/n) and she climbed on with him. He hit the back of the truck twice to signal for them to start driving. As they drove away, Cruello's large cape made of garbage flowed behind him. The Baroness strained a smile, trying to act like nothing was wrong, while Cruello let out a wicked laugh.

...

"We need to sue him, for defamation, false imprisonment, vandalism. Something." The Baroness demanded.

She and Roger were in her car trying to come up with a way to stop Cruello.

"Well, having been through the statute and talked to the police, I don't know we have a legal avenue for-"

"I need you to stop talking, Roger." She cut him off.

"You do?" He asked.

"So I have a gap to fire you.........There's a gap. You're fired."

"Roger always blamed me for getting him fired, but the real reason Roger was fired is because...he's Roger."

...

Anita was sitting at her desk putting on eyeliner when someone plopped a newspaper down on her desk. It was the Baroness.

"You'll need more than eyeliner you plain little thing." She commented. "You do, however, have an eye for a good shot."

"Baroness." Anita greeted.

"Who is he? And more importantly where is he?" She demanded.

"I don't know." Anita shrugged mockingly.

The Baroness paused for a moment.

"Did you just lie to me?" She asked.

"I...No...I..."

"Don't cry." The Baroness said bluntly.

"I'm not." Anita scoffed.

"You will." The Baroness threatened.

She walked away and Anita let out a breath.

——————————🐾——————————