Part 7

Apparently the way you get a place to live is by either finding an empty place and just moving in or fighting the current inhabitants.

Astrid was lucky enough to just find a small apartment that was empty and nobody in their right mind would actually move into except her. She stumbled across a mirror in the apartment and looked at herself.

Astrid's previously light green eyes were now dark red with hints of purple in them, her hair was now a light blue color and was long and wavy. Her skin was now paper white and the horns on top of her head were dark black, she made her wings reappear and looked at them. When she'd first noticed them, they had been as white as her skin was now, but they were now red and purple on the top and the feathers were black. She shook her thoughts out of her head and finished moving in.
***

She spent the day walking around hell, coming across a few different places at each point of what she learned was called the "pentagram" each house at these points belonged to some kind of overlord, and the giant building in the middle of it belonged to Lucifer himself.

Eventually, at about 3:30 she began to walk over to the i.m.p for her interview. She realized that walking would take too long and decided to test if her wings would work, she let them spread across her back before taking off, subconsciously noticing several people looking at her from below. That's weird she thought to herself as she noticed that no other demon seemed to have wings or, at least, seemed to be using them.

She landed in front of the i.m.p and put away her wings. Nervously, she pushed open the door and stepped inside, almost being pushed aside by a demon much taller than her, (which to be fair she wasn't exactly tall herself) the woman looked her down, and stalked off, a trail of smoke from a cigarette on her hand gliding out from behind her. "Oh yes, hello, you called this morning for an appointment?" Astrid heard Blitz saying as he came down the stairs, talking to the other demon. Blitz looked past the demon and at Astrid. "Right, I have a client meeting right now that was scheduled last minute, could you just wait in the staff room until I wrap this up?"

Astrid nodded and Blitz turned to the other woman.

Astrid looked down the hall at a door that was labeled "break room- staff only"

She assumed this was the staff room and she stepped inside.

When she got in there, she saw moxie, Millie, and another demon she hadn't seen before. "Oh hey, Astrid!" Millie called, waving. Astrid waved back and looked at the other demon, she had long silvery blue hair and looked like a wolf. "This is Luna, she's the boss's adopted daughter." Astrid nodded and looked around the room, there wasn't much, it looked like a typical staff room except for the large tank of eels on one end. She sat down in a seat next to the door and waited.

It was about 5 minutes that she'd been sitting there when Blitz opened the door. "Hey, you, we need to make this quick so come on." Astrid nodded quietly and followed him to his office.

"Alright.... Ashley right?" Blitz asked her when she sat down. "Astrid" she corrected.
"Right, you said yesterday that you had some time in the hitman job?" He asked, she nodded and replied,
"Ten years."
"Alright, any specific company you worked for?"
"No. Just me and my adopted dad."
"Where's your dad?"
"Still alive."
"Alright... are you compatible working with large groups?"
"I can try?"
"Hm... alright we'll put you with the rest of the team and see how you work with them, you're hired for now."

"Alright everyone I'd like you to meet our new clien-" Blitz was cut off by an arrow that moxie had accidentally released and was now bouncing off the walls, Astrid backed out of the door frame as Blitz caught the arrow. "Oh and a possible new employee. He tripped and fell, knocking the tank of eels onto the floor, the office went up in flames.

They all gathered outside the building as firemen put the office out (which Astrid found odd because demons were supposedly immune to fire) "Bye and don't worry we'll get that skank in less than 24 hours or first kill is free!" Blitzø was saying to the client as she drove off in a taxi.
"Since when did we start offering that deal?" Moxxie asked.
"Since you set fire to my office in front of a client you fucking dick shit!"

"Ok so now that we got that out of the way, come on team." He said, calming down. Loona used the book to open a portal to the living world. Blitzø stepped through the portal and Astrid followed timidly.