Part 13

At least the apartment she found had some extra space so Alastor moved into the room next to hers. Astrid was happy to have him back, things felt somewhat... normal, again. Granted, Astrid was still an assassin but she was no longer at Alastor's side when she went on missions.

For the first week or so, Alastor stayed low radar, he spent the days at the apartment, doing what, Astrid didn't know. Well, at least it wasn't long until she found out.

Astrid was sitting idly in the staff room when the news report came in.

"Hello demons of Hell I'm Tom Trench and it seems I will be doing my report alone today as my previous co-anchor was found dead this morning, but hey, what the fuck can you do about it? Maybe he'll stop jerking off to himself in the break room-"

The broadcast was cut off and quickly switched to static. Blitzø groaned in annoyance, "I swear I just fixed the stupid connection." He began to stomp over to the tv when it came back on, now with.. Alastor? Appearing on screen.

"Hello citizens of hell! My name is Alastor and good news! Well for me anyways, I'm not sure how many of you will enjoy this. I'm bored so you get to watch while I put some... new found abilities... to practice!"

He stepped aside theatrically to reveal a group of demons standing in the middle of a road. They all looked immensely confused but waved into the camera regardless. How was nobody questioning how Alastor took over the tv so quickly?

Alastor smiled larger into the camera. "Enjoy the show..." he laughed in a sinister manner, snapping his fingers.

A large hole appeared up under the group. There was a lot of screaming as the group was consumed by the tentacles that rose up from the hole. Alastor laughed more and Astrid found herself being... oddly impressed? Alastor hadn't spoke at all of what he did while she was away and for him to have grown his power so quickly was amazing.

When the carnage was done Alastor stepped back in the cameras view. "Thank you for your time, expect more tomorrow." The screen started to fade, his eyes and golden smile still visible before the video abruptly cut to static and revealed Tom Trench to still be sitting at the anchor table.

"Well that was... a lot. Everyone give it up for whoever this crazy son of a bitch is, and I guess we can move on to Jeffery's cannibal cooking segment..." he seemed nervous and Astrid looked around at the others to see their reaction.

"Wow... so do you have the same powers?" Millie asked when the news channel moved on.

Astrid shrugged, "so far he's done all the things I've been able to do, but I don't know how quickly he'll be able to grow those abilities so he probably has some bigger things up his sleeve."

"I mean he did just take over the news station so... can you do that?" Moxxie asked.

"I probably could if I tried." Astrid responded.

***

Another 2 weeks passed while Alastor spread his little takeover, he quickly toppled over Overlords that had been around for decades at least and climbed to the top. He didn't seem all that changed at home, she always came back from work to find him cooking or reading, like how it was when she was in school in the living world.

However, a couple weeks went by since his rise to power when Astrid got a strange letter sent to her at work. It was in a black envelope with red wax sealing it. She opened it and took out the letter before the envelope burned on the table she set it down on.

Astrid, assassin, IMP offices,

Hello! I have seen your work and that of your fathers and would like to have a discussion with you later today, alone please. Thank you,

-Lucifer Morningstar

Astrid's eyes widened, the head of hell himself wanted to talk to her? And he knew about her work!? Wait... but it wasn't just her work, Blitzø owned the company and she did every mission with the whole team? Was it because Lucifer viewed them as nothing more than their class... imps? Possibly. She planned on bringing that up when she met him later.

So after work she hurriedly said her goodbyes for the day and headed over to Morningstar palace.

She was greeted by an imp who looked like an older version of Moxxie and was shown to the dining room.

There he was. Hells leader essentially. He sat in a large chair on the end of the obnoxiously long table and he had a grin on his face. He waved for her to come in and got up to meet her halfway at the table.

"You must be Astrid I presume? Yes your work as an assassin is incredible! Honestly how do you do it?" He smiled.

"I- well for starters I most definitely do not do it alone. I have a team and my boss organizes everything I just tag along and-"

"Yes yes the imp who started the whole shebang. Actually your coworkers are what I'm here to discuss. You see, running hell is difficult. It's more than just sitting in a throne and posing for portraits, though that is a huge part of it. No no no, I also have to keep up with hells numbers and well..." he began to trail off.

"What?" Astrid questioned, trying not to sound eager.

"Your boss's business is making it rather difficult to keep those numbers from going off the charts... so I'm asking you... in the nicest way possible. To put an end to the business." He dropped the smile, his face became serious.

"You... what?" Astrid asked, dumbfounded.

"You heard me, kill the little imps who actually believe they hold power. Their business, while impressive, is interfering with the number of souls going to hell." He put a hand on his shoulder and Astrid tensed up, ready to fight if he tried to touch her, he smiled and she winced internally.

She took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes, "of course."

He smiled again, "oh, and your fathers recent activities has given me an idea! I will be officially announcing it on Friday. Have your... job, done before then would you?"

Astrid smiled and hurriedly left the room, passing by a little girl that she could only assume was princess Charlie, and left.