Part 21

Astrid grumbled tiredly when she opened her eyes again. Her throat was sore and her heart was racing. She looked around and tried to take in her surroundings. The walls were a dark purple, the floors black wood. The room was cast in a hot pink light and there was little furniture save for a desk and an office chair, plus the desk she was sitting in. She looked around, and saw the camera.

Scowling, Astrid tried to move, before crying out when an involuntary tremor passed through her body, some form of electric shock leaving her breathless. She heard a door open, most likely from behind her, and scowled.

"Well well well, hello Astrid." A seductive voice called out from behind her. She watched as Valentino slid in front of her and plopped onto the desk. "It's good to see you again. Haven't seen you since you were fired ages ago. You look good, as always. Those bruises on your neck suit you, shame I wasn't the one who inflicted them."

Astrid glared at him, "What do you want?" She snarled.

"Oh I'm actually selling you off for a while. I heard about your little dilemma with Luci, and I wanted to help. Well, help him of course. So I hunted you down, got you in my clutches, and who knows, maybe your pathetic excuse for a father will come to your aid if he finds out where you are. Two for one baby." He did a little happy wiggle from his spit on the desk.

Astrid saw red for a second and when it cleared, she was out of the chair, free from the restraints, pressing Val against the wall with Steven's tentacles. "Do not say a word against Alastor ever again." She uttered.

"Usually I'm the one pushing others against a wall. This isn't bad." Valentino laughed.

Astrid threw him across the room and advanced. "I'm going to make you wish you never died." She vowed.

Just then, she heard a click on the door that Val was against, and stepped backwards quickly before the door was blown up. "Oh Astrid there you are!" In another moment Blitzø was there, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

She looked through the door and saw Blitzø was accompanied by Alastor, Angel, Vaggie, and Charlie. She cocked her head to the side, "Why would all of you waste time searching for me?" She asked.

"Dear Angel saw the entire thing, he was going to visit you at work for some reason, and then he saw Vox and Velvet attack you." Alastor explained.

"Speaking of, where are the other two Bastards?" Angel asked, looking around.

"Right here!" The group heard from behind, they all shuffled into the room and whipped around to face the new group. Vox and Velvet flanked the third figure.... Lucifer. He stepped into the room first, looked over at Valentino as if he was something unpleasant, like a slug, and snapped his fingers, teleporting the other overlord satan knows where.

"He was useful while he lasted. I'll keep him in the castle for a while. On the other hand." Lucifer smiled, "Alastor, Astrid, just the demons I wanted to see." He folded his hands together and scanned the group.

"Now Lucifer, I can understand wanting me gone, but the moment you interfered with my daughter-" Alastor began.

"Alastor, you need to be aware of what exactly she's being punished for, I don't even really care that you broke our deal anymore because nothing really happened even with your help. On the other hand your daughter has made an impact, and souls are pouring into hell once more." Lucifer grinned.

"So what? If you have the yearly exterminations and the hotel then it shouldn't matter how many souls are down here. Plus there's always the matter of expanding sinner living locations." Astrid snapped, stepping forwards.