Scarlett

Lizzie's POV:

"Pick up, pick up" I mutter. Evelyn is still crying.

After a few more rings she picks up.

"Hey Lizzie wha- woah what is happening over there?"

"Hey Scarlett um I kinda have a problem here."

"I can hear that. What are you babysitting?"

"I mean you can say that. Um okay so she has been crying. Evelyn. She won't eat her dinner. I tried even picking her up and feeding her. But she won't stop crying."

"How old is she?"

"Um probably around 2 maybe 3? Before you ask anything its a long story"

"Huh okay. Maybe try to cuddle her."

"I tried. She doesn't want to be held nothing."

"MAMA! MAMA" Evelyn starts to scream.

"Hey why don't you call her mom and see if she misses her. Oh wait she is probably busy. Okay listen since its pretty late. Try to heat up some milk and give it to her."

"Ye-yea okay thank you Scarlett."

"Hey its no problem, and calm down okay. Its normal for kids this age and younger to cry. You have done nothing wrong"

As I end my call and thank god I am friends with Scarlett. I heat up some milk. Now what do I put it in. Oh I do have a sippy cup Rose left her a long time ago.

I come back and see Evelyn on the floor. She has calmed down a bit but still sniffling.

"Hey baby" She turns around and I shake the bottle of milk. Her face slowly light up. I give to her and she quickly start to drink up.

"Huh all crying because you wanted some milk?" I giggle and wipe some tears from her face.

She makes grabby hands at me. I pick her up and bring her back to the chair. I place her down and I start eating my food.

I'll do the dishes tomorrow. I take the sippy cup away from Evelyn. But she wines.

"There no more look, see" I say while I shake the empty bottle. Her lip starts to quiver. "No, no don't cry. What is it now"

"Mwore" I smile at her. I notice that she is really struggling speaking. I should get a doctor to check that.

"Well its time for bed so lets go get you changed" I pick her and up and she snuggles against my chest.

I put her down on the bed after I got her changed. I went to the bathroom and did my night routine.

I have Evelyn her bottle and she quickly drank it. I tuck her in and go over to the other side.

I take a quick note on finding more about her and buying some more stuff for her. I turn on the tv. After a few minutes I see her stop drinking. Her eyes flutter. I wait a few more minutes and take away her bottle.

I turn off the tv. I make sure I plug in my phone. I turn over to face her and fall asleep myself.

______________________

Hey there! I am so happy you guys like this book. I just wanted to say I got inspired with the book called London's Story. Go check that book out.

I wanted to ask if you have any suggestions for the story? Do you want Lizzie in a relationship? What type of other people do you want in here? Let me know