See

Sage

He had seen me. The infamous monster hunter had seen me with my white hair and inhumane skin. He wasn't as much of a difference but his duty was to slay monsters. I wasn't sure if I fell in that line but I wasn't someone to stay alive because of my differences.

It was starting to get dark and I began heading for the bar. The Witcher was supposed to be busy so I knew that he had fled. However, when I entered, he was there, waiting for me. He turned, knowing I was there.

"Fuck," he cursed as I pivoted. I made my way outside and was scurrying away when I heard a sword being pulled. I smirked and faced the Witcher. "You running away multiple times is very suspicious."

"Yes, it is."

"What are you?" he inquired. "Your hair went white along with your eyes, and your skin looked dead. Are you a mutant?"

"Sounds about right. For all we know, I could be a Witcher."

"Witchers are only men," he stated. "You don't seem like an ordinary monster. You're too human-like so I believe you are cursed. When the sun goes down, you change. Just as you are doing right now."

I pulled a chunk of my hair to see it silver and when I looked at him, fear crept on me. Behind him were shadowy figures of all the people and things he had killed. The most recent one was a woman with short hair. She smiled and whispered something to me.

"Who's Renfri?"

"How do you know that?" he asked.

"I-I just know a lot of things," I replied. "Just leave me alone." I turned around and started heading for the trees. When I heard his footsteps following me, I pivoted and opened my mouth, my hair blow back as I wailed at his chest, my scream throwing against the bar.

He slammed on the wooden wall and slid into a pile of sand. "Incredible," he muttered, groaning. "You're a banshee."

"And you're a Witcher." I rolled my eyes and walked past him, into the bar. Jaskier accompanied me to the counter and I ordered a big jug of beer.

"So... what happened out there?" he asked me and I raised a brow at him. "We heard the thud against the wall."

"I was harassed and I defended myself."

"Oh with your special powers?" I nodded. "If he's after you just say so and we'll all have your back."

"It's fine. He won't come after me like that again ," I said right when he walked in. I didn't bother looking at him because I knew he was getting closer from the death toll he carried on his shoulders.

"How did it possess you?" Geralt asked. "If I can find out, I can set you free."

"What if I don't want to be set free? I like the way I am, especially if I don't have Witchers tailing me."

"Just leave her alone," Jaskier spoke, getting a glare from him.

I raised my hand to stop them from arguing and my head turned to the door. "Someone's coming." That's when the door swung open to a man carrying a child in his arms, large gashes across his chest. I could hear his labored breathing when I rushed to him as he was set on the table.

"What was it?" Geralt questioned, right behind me.

"My boy!" I cried, rocking the boy's body in my arms. I knew the boy's father and met him a few times so seeing him this state was heartbreaking. "My boy." I could feel his life slipping away. Just as he took his last breath, everyone closed their ears when my mouth stretched open and signaled his death with a scream. I closed my mouth, catching my breath, sniffed and wiped my tears, and let go of the body.