Chapter 9 - Trapped In The Past..?

(TW: blood, hand getting cut open accidentally, people then trying to make the cut hand worse by pulling it open(buckle up loves, i ain't holdin back), degrading, probably more things I can't think of at the moment)

"(Y/N), dear, your father will be home soon. Why don't you help me set the table?" The small child stared down at the notebook in their lap. Their eyes drifted over to the woman in the doorway. "Ok Momma." They moved the book to the side and stood up, hurrying to the table. Due to their short height, they struggled with placing the silverware down. After finishing their work and deeming it presentable, they rushed over to the kitchen. "Need any more help?" Their mother turned and smiled. "No. Go get ready, your father might want to see his little prince/ss all dolled up." With a nod, they ran to their room and looked for something nice to wear. This was a once a month thing; they'd get dressed up and have dinner as a family. With (Y/N)'s father working so hard, he usually spent his days off with Evelyn or catching up on some much needed rest. Not that their father didn't spend time with them. Usually the two would take naps on his days off or he would read to them for a bit. On the family dinner nights, though, they had the best time.

As (Y/N) stood in front of the mirror, they started brushing their (Long/Short) hair into their preferred style. Once they were satisfied, they moved on to their clothes. Deciding on the nice button up cardigan their father got them last Christmas, they quickly found (a pair of shorts/ a skirt) and slipped them on, nodding in satisfaction. As they stared at the mirror, they noticed a small box under their bed, drawing them over in confusion. They bent down and reached out, gently grabbing the cold dark box. Once they brushed their fingers against it, it seemed to glitch out and disappear. The child stared in confusion before moving back. "... She took it..." They suddenly started shaking as a burst of rage filled their body. It wasn't until Evelyn called out that they stopped. They slowly regained their composure before standing up and dusting off their clothes. They turned and made their way to the dining room, questions running through their head. 'What was that? Why did I act like that?' They asked in their mind, taking a seat at the table. Evelyn rushed to the door as it opened, a smile on her face. "Welcome home dear! Dinner is ready and on the table!" As (Y/N) listened to the conversation, they furrowed their brows upon hearing the response. Eventually, the couple walked in the dining room. "⸮(Ͷ/Y) ɘ|ƚƚi| ʏm ꙅ'woH?" (Y/N) stared at the table in confusion before looking up at Evelyn. "(Y/N), your father asked you a question." They felt a sudden fear when they saw the stern look in her eyes. They quickly turned to look up at the man. His face... Was blurred? It was like looking through a camera and not being able to focus on the main subject. The man crouched down and placed a fuzzy hand, similar to his face, on their knee in what must have been an attempted comforting manner. "⸮ʞo uoʏ ɘɿɒ ʏɘᴎoH" They only stared before nodding slowly. His grip tightened for a moment before letting go to sit at the table. Evelyn sighed and sat down as well, presenting the different foods.

As they ate, (Y/N) glanced around the room. They looked over at the mirror above the couch and dropped the fork. The house was clean and pristine, however the reflection showed trash and cigarette buds everywhere. Where the family sat, (Y/N) could barely recognize the sickly teen with shackles sitting in their seat. Evelyn, who was wearing a nice dress for the occasion, was gone. In her place sat the empty box from before with a note. As for their father, there was a huge stain splattered on the wall, giving off the mans silhouette. (Y/N) stood up quickly, though the man and woman didn't pay attention. The conversation droned out as the child made their way to the mirror. They climbed up on the couch and reached to touch the mirror, only for everything to return to normal. They moved back for a moment before shuffling back over to the table. "(Y/N), dear, stop playing and eat." Their father nodded. "·(N/⅄) 'ɹǝɥʇoɯ ɹnoʎ oʇ uǝʇsı˥" His voice hurt their head, yet they complied out of unsettling fear. Dinner moved by slowly, as (Y/N) was unable to decipher what their parents were saying. It wasn't until they were cleaning up the dishes that Evelyn made a chilling comment. "You know... I never wanted you." (Y/N) almost dropped the plates, turning slowly to look up at their mother. "Maybe then things would be better. Safer." Evelyn smiled as she hum a sweet song, though it was far from comforting. (Y/N) couldn't speak, and their legs moved on their own as they walked to the woman.
(Y/N) wrapped their arms around Evelyn after setting the plates down. "I don't want you touching me, dear."
E̶͈̜̚̕v̷̫̀e̶͖̽l̵͙̚ỳ̸͉͎̓n̴̲͋ͅ ̵̤̃̕è̶͠ͅn̶̨͐͝d̷̹̮̍̈́e̴͔̹͋̕d̵̲̄̚͜ ̸͈̎ù̵̟̅p̵̼̻̀̀ ̵̩̘̈́͠s̵̱̏h̵̺̎ö̷̩v̵͎͝i̵͇͒͂ͅn̴̪͑̆ǵ̶̼͚ ̵̲̟̓t̴̺̱̐͠ȟ̸̳̮͊e̴̘͎̓ ̷̯̘̍c̵͓͈̃̅h̴̳̲́i̵͕̽́l̵̨̍̾d̶̪̐̿ ̵͗̄ͅo̸̳̬̕f̸͔̼̽f̵̤̒̈́,̵̼̩͒ ̵̻̑͜͝c̸̛̗̥͆ạ̵̊͗ṳ̷̱͝ś̸̝̯ï̵̻̺͊n̵̟̓͐g̷̛̩͕ ̵̾̉ͅṱ̸̢̔͐h̶͍̉̈ḙ̷́͝m̴̦̹̉ ̸͎̒ẗ̸̢͕ỏ̵͓̉ ̶͎̗̀́k̷̮̊͠ǹ̶͔͇́ǒ̶̬̞ĉ̶̫̺k̵̲̀ ̷̲̔̍i̷͖͋̎n̶͉̆t̶̳̾o̶̠̓ ̷̢͍͗͘a̵̝̙͐ ̵̠̔t̵͉̑͘ả̷̮͍b̷͇̠̎̚l̴͙̎̍e̸̹͗̓ ̶̠̘̂a̶̘͈̓n̵̥͒d̸̘̜͐̚ ̶̡̍t̷͕́̒i̷̠͒͒ṕ̸̳̀ ̸̩̌̀o̸̢͂v̴͈̳̽ȩ̶̟̔͂r̵̟͊ ̴̘̇̋t̵͈̗̒ḫ̶͌̿͜e̸̱͗͑ ̸͇̂p̶̲̯͑̈́ĺ̶̩̓à̵͙ͅẗ̶̨̫́e̸̗̒́s̵̫̻̀.̸͙͖́̄ ̶͍̕Ȍ̸̡̨͝n̷̯͌e̸̤͇̅ ̴̳̮̈o̷͙̺̒f̴͔̀͝ ̶̬͖̆͗ẗ̶̤̦́̓h̷̪̏͌e̵̥̞̔͠m̵͖͙̉͋ ̵̼͙̂s̸̙͐̚h̶̝̾a̷̧͖̿t̷̟̔͑t̷͉͔̍͝ę̷̤̒r̸̫̓e̶̮̞͂̉d̷̥͜͝ ̴̥͑͗o̴̡̻̾͐v̵̹̅e̷͓̅r̴̦̠̊ ̶̰̣̆̆ṱ̶͌h̸̖̎̈́ͅe̸̪̿͘ḭ̸̚r̶̤̔ ̷͎̌ḫ̴̤͘e̶̯̽̕a̸̰͖̅ď̵̺̞;̶̘̝̃ ̸͍̔ǎ̶̞̀nd-