💌3💌

Yeh Na Kartay Toh Tumsay Muhabbat Ho Jati
Tum Say Nafrat Bohot Zaroori Thi

💌💌💌

She paced around the room, corner of her bottom lip clutched between her teeth in stress. Her fingers were joined together, moving in a fast manner. She was scared, scared that something might happen and it won't be good for her.

Wahab watched her pace around the room, even though his eyes were focused on his laptop, he looked at her once in a while. She was behaving different from how she usually does.

Hayat finally stopped her pacing and took a seat on the sofa, switching her phone on and opening a novel. She needed to distract herself from the dark thoughts that were taunting her.

She decided that she was not going to university tomorrow, he will forget about her and then it will be all fine. But then she remembered that she had an assignment to submit tomorrow. Groaning in frustration, she threw her phone besides her on the bed and clutching her head in her hands. She couldn't even concentrate on her novels today.

Wahab jerked his head towards her at her groaning. Something was off with her today. It's true that he didn't know a lot about her, but what he knew was she never behaved like this in his presence. Something was wrong but he didn't prode her on it, since he had no right to do that. He turned his attention back to his laptop, although his attention was still on her.

Hayat jerked out of her depressing thoughts and took her books out and started to work on her assignment that was in its final stage. She tried all her best to concentrate on her assignment and nothing else. She will deal with whatever would happen later.

Wahab shut his laptop off, irritated at himself for not concentrating on his work but rather on his wife who was now indulged fully in her work. He place the laptop on the table opposite the sofa and went out of the room, towards the roof.

He stood under the open sky, looking at the starless sky, which were hidden behind the dark clouds. It might rain soon. He stood on the roof, looking at the lights around him when someone came and stood next to him.

Wahab looked towards his left to see Washma standing few steps away from him. Tomorrow morning was her flight and she was packing the clothes. She had gotten out of her room towards the kitchen to make something for her daughter Abira to eat when she saw Wahab going upstairs. So she followed him to give him the closure that he needed.

Wahab turned his eyes back to the front, not saying anything or acknowledging her. Before when he used to look at her or think about her, he used to feel his heart racing and a smile would grace his lips but now whenever he looked at her, he felt nothing. It was all silent inside him, the silence that appears before a storm. The only thing he felt was the hurt because of love that could never be his.

"Kaise ho?" She asked, looking ahead as well. (How are you?)

"Theek." One worded answer was all she got. (Fine.)

She waited for him to say something, like he used to but he behaved as if she wasn't even there. Frustration started to seep into her.

"You know you are really selfish." Washma started, telling Wahab something that he ready knew. But what he didn't know was why she was telling him that and what she meant by that.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. For your own selfishness, you are ignoring all of us since so many years. For your selfishness, you are treating your wife as if she is not a person with feelings. You are so selfish that you only think about yourself and your feelings and not what the people around you are going through." Washma burst out, all the pent up anger was now out of her system.