Chapter 02

<Y/n's pov>
*creak*

The sound of the door opened make me awake. Seem like I fell asleep on the sofa.

It's already 1 am. I pulled away the blanket from my body to greet the person who really find a good time to come home.

" Welcome back Ran~" I said with my shivered lip "Do you want to eat something I can heat up the food for you. Come in first it's cold outside"

Ran didn't replied he just walk past me to the dinning table as I put his shoes in the shelf near the doorway.

I had a small blanket wrap around my body as I heat up his food for him.

"What are you doing? Don't you feel suffocated in there?" Ran asked me annoyingly as I took a deep breathe.

"It's nothing. I just feel cold" I said and put the food in the plate and serve it to him. "enjoy"

I sit across him waiting for him to praise my cooking but instead after a bit he spit out the soup make me a bit shook as I quickly stand up and pour a glass of water for him.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"What's wrong?! Did you even taste your soup?! It's fucking salty!" Ran raise his voice at me as I tremble abit.

"Ahh sorry I must have put to much salt" I said avoid looking at him in guilty.

"If you can't cook don't cook" Ran said and slam our bedroom door as I sit on the chair that's near me.

I taste my soup abit but I couldn't taste anything. My sense of taste is bad now to the point I can't taste my own food.

Is it because of the affect of the illness?

I sigh. I can't even cook now. Can I really take care of Ran.

***************************************

[In the hospital]

I feel restless on the hospital bed. The doctor have already injected 2 syringe of different medicine in my arm.

I really can't make my eyes open any longer.

"You know you can sleep right little patient" a voice said make me startle.

"Doc." A young female doctor approach me.

Her name tag is in her left shoulder.

"Itsumi Yosuke"

"Hello doc." I said smiling at her.

"Hello." the doctor smiled at me sweetly. "Are you here for check up?" She asked make me make a questionable face.

"Isn't this is a Luekemia's office treatment?" I said look at her. Questioning if she is really a doctor?

"Chills. I'm just trying to lift the mood" she said. "Well you can sleep for a while I can lend you a hospital's blanket"

"I can't. I might worry my partner" I said as I sit up.

"If you don't want to worry your partner, why don't you come with her?" She asked make me chuckle.

"That's my most secret. Well gotta go doc." I said as I put on my coat. "And also it a "he" "

"You should have told me y'know!" The female's loud voice come from the doctor make me chuckle as I left the office.

I walk down from the hospital and call a cab to go to the shopping mall.

It's quiet cold and I want to buy some scarf or gloves for him.

It's would be bad if he catch a flu and he is a type to refuse to get treat said it just a small trouble.

He is still the same as the Ran in 15 years ago.

Since the first time I know him. He is the most stubborn person i know unlike his little brother Rindou.

We three been stuck together for a long time already.

"We have reached. The total is ***"

"Here. You can keep the change" I said as I hop down from the cab.

'Ahh I feel so cold.' I thought to myself and quickly make my way inside the mall.

I walk up the clothes store to pick up some quality scarf and coat for him for him.

I can't choose between the black knit scarf or a gray one.

"you wanna pick a scarf for your girlfriend?" A girl voice said next to me make me jump.

what's wrong with today. People keep sneaking up behind me.

"Umm for boyfriend" I said avoid any eye contact with her.

"The black one goes with male the best" She said as she take away the black knit scarf from my hand.

"Really?" I said as I smile softly.

"I wanna buy this one for my boyfriend too. But neh I wanna give it up for you" Her voice is coated with sugar as I smile.

"Thanks."

"Well you should help me pick one too" She said as She drag my arm make me hissed abit because that's where I have my injection.

"Sorry are you hurt?" she asked me worriedly.

"no it's nothing. i'll help you pick up a scarf." I said as I smiled at her.

After for like a long time I finally help her choose a gift.

A black well-knit scarf with a white design in the end.

"He will love it for sure. Oh anyways call me Minafumi. Mina for short." She finally introduced herself as I smiled.

"I'm Y/n" I said.

"Here my card. Let's meet up later someday" she said as she waved at me and go off as I make my way back home.

I arrived home all shivering as I take off my coat.

The shivering become even more serious when it's winter.

Is it that bad to diagnosed this illness in this season?

I look at the medicine i hide in a book self in bitterness.

I look away to scared to eat up the medicine.

I make dinner and as always alot for Ran. Eventho I know I can't cook anymore I still wanna make something for him.

Finally 10pm come as wait patiently on the sofa for him.

The sound of the front door open alert me that he is home after a long day at work.

"Welcome back Ra-" I stop mid-sentence looking at Ran as I feel my heart become heavy.

I don't know if I'm hallucinated or something but

A black well-knit scarf with a white design in the end.

Isn't that the same designed scarf I choose for that girl?

====================================

I got alot of sad idea for this story stay tuned y'all🥳