I Only Want One Thing (Finale)

Merry Christmas/Happy New Years! everyone! And for all of you who celebrate something else or nothing at all, I wish you a wonderful day as well! ❤

Meliodas could barely move by the time he was discharged, but luckily his house was close by and he could get there fairly fast. A large part of him wanted to just go to bed and pick up the kids later, but he knew he couldn't do that. They were probably scared out of their minds, and it would be cruel to make them wait for news that they absolutely deserved. Especially Cusack afte taking the kids in with no explanation at two in the morning.

Meliodas was incredibly grateful for that. He didn't want his siblings just wandering around with no supervision wondering if their brother was going to die. Not to mention social services could be called if it was something bad and people saw him unfit to take care of them. If that horrible conversation was to be had, he'd want it to be in private. And by sending them home, he had also decreased the chances of someone calling offhand at seeing two young boys unsupervised and inconsolable.

It was in a daze, but he managed to arrive back home in one piece and looked around for his wallet in order to be able to pay Cusack for his time. It was the least he could do for his time, even if Meliodas couldn't pay much.

Grabbing the wallet and double checking to see what he had, he yawned and felt a brief moment of fear as it hit him the fact that he had NO idea how to pay for his medical bills and treatment. If he got treatment it would help him in the long run, but he'd also end up having to run himself raggid to pay for it, something he had no idea if he'd be able to do it. And on the other hand, if he didn't get treatment, he wouldn't be able to work and he'd end up paying MORE over episodes he'd have. So what was he to do? And how on earth was he supposed to get his two little ones gifts? Tomorrow was when they celebrated!

No, don't think about that right now. Just... just go pick them up and get them taken care of and inform Cusack of what's going on with me. I got a doctor's note so I can take the day off and rest until they go to sleep and then pray that there's still anything left to buy so close to the day. Crap, I didn't even get a chance to look at the letter Zeldris gave! I have no idea what he wants! Ugh, no no no, don't worry about that! Just go pick up your brothers!

Calling an Uber and giving the man the address, Meliodas tried not to pass out in the car as his exhaustion started getting ahold of him.

I'm so sorry I put you through this Esta, Zeldy, I'll be there soon. And I promise to do my best to make this a good holiday for you two.

🎄🎄🎄

Cusack felt tears fill his eyes partially from being so incredibly exhausted and also by the truly sweet gesture of the little, sloppily written, precious note left for Meliodas.

"Is this... really all you want this year Zeldris?"

"Yes! I want this more than anything. Meli works so hard, I just want him to be happy!"

"I see... well, I think we can make that happen."

Regardless of barely being able to function, Cusack- with the help of the boys- tidied up the living room and kitchen with Zeldris in charge of trash and Estarossa in charge of gathering and washing all dishes, leaving Cusack to put away all of his own belongings.

As they accomplished these feats, Cusack had put in an order for all remaining Christmas supplies available at any department stores which unfortunately, wasn't much. However Zeldris volunteered after finishing his chore to make any missing supplies by hand, things like hats, cards, and little signs that said "Merry Christmas!" with the help of his brother. Something they both got to work on as Cusack sat down for a moment to catch his breath.