Unlikely Friendship

The girl haults to a stop when we reach the parking lot. She looks at me momentarily before grabbing my wrist again.

"My car!"

Wait the what now?

Before I have a chance to figure out what exactly she had meant, she bolts of in the direction of her car.
We stop when we both have a hand on a car door.

The girl gives me an unsure look before telling ne to get in and disappearing into the car.
I didn't even close the door properly when she started reversing.

What the hel! And here I was thinking my bad habits would kill her! Ohhh shit, oh shit, oh shit!

"You drive like a mad man!"

I cling on to my seat for dear life as she takes the turns in the road at full speed.
Well, she hasn't killed us, yet, so she must be doing something right.

"And you sound like a girl right now, shut it! I need to concentrate or you'll be buried at the crash sight."

Damn, shes mean. A taste of my own medicine, but she makes it taste so bittersweet.

I gawk at the tiny girl. Probably my age but half my size in frame. She is also skinny, with the same dark circles under her eyes. But, somethings seems off about this setup. She doesn't have the same behaviors as we do, though she halfway looks the part. Recently clean maybe? Nah she'd be freaking out by now if that were the case.

The girl slows her pace once we get to the half empty parking lot of a small shopping center.
A few restaurants, a clothing shop here and there. Nothing amazing. Guess thats why she chose it.

She turns of the engine but decides to keep the radio going.

"You can relax now."

The unfamiliar girl snickers and places one foot on the dash, casually draping her arm over her knee.
She leans her head back against the head rest and I notice all the color had drained from her face, her rosy cheeks from before now as pale as the rest of her. And yet, she still remains the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on.

"You sure you won't try and kill us again?"

I laugh as I slouch in the seat, my tensed muscles finally relaxing after the near death experience.
I've taken multiple types of drugs, but this is by far the closest I have ever felt to death.

The girl doesn't respond and it immediately grabs my attention.

The girl sits exactly as she had just a moment ago only now, her eyes are closed. Panicked memories of close friends ODing rush to the surface and I instinctively reach twords her.

"Are you okay?"

She lifts her head with what seems like an intense effort.

"Yeah I'm fine, really. I just skipped breakfast, that's all."

And then it all made sense.
The dark circles under her eyes, the blue tinted nails, the sudden fade of color. She's sick.

I guess we're both broken in some way after all.
And as if it were some sort of irony the song Broken starts blabing on the radio and we both knew from that moment on it would be our song.

"I let you kidnap me and I don't even know your name..."

The girl lets out a sigh and locks eyes with me.

"Brea, but you can call me Bree."

"Im Lucas, nice to meet you Bree."
I hold out my hand twords her and she hesitantly takes it. Her hands are just as cold as I had thought. Her icy skin burns so strong that instead of my warmth influencing her cold, it does the exact opposite.when she removes her hand she leaves my palm feeling frozen

"We should probably go home."

Bree finally takes her foot of the dash and places her hand on the key.
I tilt my head at her words. I know I'm not a straight A student but theres a difference between 'I should take you home.' And 'we should go home.'

"We?" I question Bree's previous sentence.

Blush stains her cheeks that beautiful red from earlier today as she tucks a hair strand behind her ear.

"I mean... like that's only if you wanted to- maybe like hang out? But, its like, only if you wanted to..."

I smile for the first time in a long time.
This girl just walked into my life and she's already stealing my heart.

Crap.

"That would be nice. But on one condition."

She rolls her eyes at me slouching in her seat while crossing her arms.

"No."

No? What does she mean 'no'?

"No?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"No, you may not drive."

"Awh, c'mon!-" I wine like a little child not being able to convince their parents to give them their Christmas gift early.
"'-You drive like a mad man!"

She snorts sarcastically at my words.
"And you are a mad man on drugs."

She looks at me raising both eyebrows as if shes challenging me.

"How did you-"

"Oh, please-"
She cuts my off while turning the key in the ignition.

"The white marks on your BLACK SHIRT. You wiped your hand on your shirt even the cop would sit infront of you if the dog didn't."

And then it all came together.

"You pulled-"

"The fire alarm? Yeah, yeah I did. I'd recon if I wanted to get to know you prison visits wouldn't be ideal."

I clench my fists trying to calm myself.
This girl has a serious interrupting habit. One which I'll have to get used to if I want her to stay alive.

"Thank you..."

Did I just thank this girl after she basically spelled out how stupid I am?
Oh I'm so totally screwed. Who the hell falls for someone in less than a day!
Me. Im the idiot who falls for someone in not even a days time.

She chirps up and gives me a drop dead gorgeous smile.

"Your welcome, Lukey."

Lukey? Who the fuuuu-

"Eyes on the road woman!"

She rolls her eyes at me again and turns up the music.

"Oh shut up will you. I probably drive better than half the idiots on the road. And by the way. You smell like shit. Under your seat."

She instructs me half assed and I reach under my seat.

Body mist. What in the hell is body mist.

I hesitantly spray some of it over myself.
Oh yay now I smell like a girly fruit salad and glitter and rainbows.

"Really?"

I raise my eyebrows and glare at her.

"Look I know that's probably not all manly and rugged like youd hope for."

"I just dont like-"

"But-"
She raises her hand, sushing me. There she goes again with that interrupting habit of her. I roll my eyes and gesture with my hands to continue.
"But, my parents might be home and I don't think bringing a alcohol-smelling addict would be the best look right now. Ya know."

Her eyes lock with mine for what feels like an eternity.

She'll be the death of me. If not her driving.