Keyhole

Since Damian's new company is being launched, he is traveling to Chicago for a few weeks. He went to the Plaza Hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in.

"Your name, sir?"

"Damian Wayne"

"Alright! On the way, there will be a door in place of 231, after room 230, with no room number on it. The door will be locked, absolutely no one is allowed in there. You should go a bit further, and you will find your room." So, he followed her instructions, passing the no numbered room and going straight ahead to his room, and going to bed.

The next night, his curiosity got to him, about the unnumbered room. He slowly walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure, enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole with his right eye. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye.

What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the right corner sat a woman. Her skin was completely pale and white. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door, making it so that her face was hidden. Damian stared in confusion for a while as to who she was, why she was in there, why no one was allowed, and how she got locked in there.

He almost knocked on the door, out of interest, but stopped himself in time and decided not to. He quietly crept away from the door and walked back to his room.

The next day, he returned to the door and immediately bent down and peeked through the keyhole. This time, all he saw was red. However, it wasn't the normal red you saw on clothes or signs or books and things like that, it was a dark bloodshot red. Damian couldn't make out anything but that distinct red color. Perhaps the inhabitant of the room knew he was spying the night before and blocked the keyhole with something red.

At this point he decided to consult the woman at the front desk for more information. She just sighed and said, "I'm guessing you looked through the keyhole?" The man guiltily said nothing but nodded his head up and down as he stared at the woman waiting for an explanation.

"Well, I might as well tell you the story. A few years back this hotel opened, and it was a huge success. It soon became very popular. However, this man murdered his wife in that room and our ratings went down for less security. We covered up and decided to make it look like it was just a service room so we could get more customers. It did help indeed. We just never knew what happened in that room after that. We buried the body; however, people have said they've seen things in the room."

"So, if you buried the body, what's in that room?"

"Well, nothing actually. Maybe her ghost if that's what people are seeing, but there is no way the room is haunted," The woman chuckled. "All we have in that family is that they were not ordinary. Their skin was white all over. Except for their eyes, which were red."