"ME"

The air flows, sending a bone rattling chill down through my spine. I zip up my jacket all the way to the top and hold my body close trying to keep warm.

I had gone for a walk during the evening although it got dark very fast as it was mid-winter. For some reason the dark had always bothered me since I was little. I would always hear whispers and shadows in the dark, when there was nothing there. Very creepy.

An elderly woman opened her window and her curtains, looked at me and made a very horrified look while peering behind me, closed her window and curtains, as I heard a faint click, the sound of the lock. I turned around slowly of what I might await but saw nothing. I began to speed up, as I was almost home. I was walking until a dog raced from behind me, making me trip slightly. A young man running behind it yelling its name. "Buddy! Buddy! Wait!"

My shoes make echoing taps on the ground. Once again, I turn past a corner. There is a small group of people, mumbling quietly by a bench with horrified looks and dark black bags underneath their eyes. As I crossed the empty street, a businesswomen came out of a building raising her hand for a cab.

Usually walking home in this city felt comfortable, but today I felt uneasy. It was dark, weary, cold, and.... peculiarly empty. I kept walking and I soon reached the alley in which I walked down to get to my home. Usually, it was quiet and empty but today I saw a dog running with its leash following behind as its owner chased after it. It's the second time today. What could they be running from? So frantically?

I started walking a bit faster, increasing my pace.

A young girl walking up the alley as I was walking down came in view. She had dark black hair, her curtain bangs hanging loosely over her face which was covered in tears and her scared face. She looked about 15 years old. The blood on her clothes sealed my thoughts.

"Are you okay? Can I help you?" I said immediately as I felt another chilly breeze come upon me.

"She's gonna get you." Her soft voice said as she rocked back and forth on her knees, kneeling down slowly, as I followed.

"W-who? What's wrong?" I stutter looking around frantically.

She lets out a little giggle. Not innocently though, maniacally. I watch as she rises, on her shaky legs, bones sticking out of her legs and blood pouring from the wounds continuously.

"Who's gonna get me?!" I shout, my body paralyzed.

Her head makes a 360-degree spin. My scream fills the surroundings. Her black eyes stare into mine, and her razor-sharp teeth begin to form a grin.

"ME!" She jumps on me. Everything blacks out.