03

Nora parks up outside the house and sighs, grabbing her bag. It's her birthday and she got stuck doing classes all evening to catch up on work she missed when she went to AZ for Bella. You miss a week of school and suddenly you can't catch up - yikes. She sees the lights off, no one else evidently home as there's no cruiser and no shiny Volvo. A bath and bed it is then.

She slips her key in the door and uses her heel to kick it closed, dropping her bag and slipping her coat off. As her hand tries to find the light switch, it suddenly flicks on and several people yell 'surprise!'

Nora jumps and covers her mouth in surprise, staring at the room full of people. "I... huh?"

Charlie grins as he comes over and hugs her. "Happy birthday kid. You didn't really think we'd forget, did ya?"

"I mean, its been a crazy few weeks." Nora blushes, hugging him back.

Bella is next to pull her into a hug, having only recently just regained full independence with no cast on. "Happy birthday dork!"

Nora shoves her playfully away. "Cheeks, nerd." She giggles, surprised to see no Edward.

Bella keeps an arm around her sister. "He didn't want to intrude."

That's kinda sweet. Nora nods and smiles as she sees Jake, Embry and Quil waving. She greets them, Harry and Sue Clearwater and their son, Billy and then a few of the officers from her dad's station.

"Do I get this next month for my birthday?" Bella asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm the favourite so no." Nora grins.

"Suck eggs." Bella sticks her tongue out, Nora doing the same.

Charlie laughs. "No, you don't. Nora deserved a little attention, she's been working really hard at school. She spent the whole summer working and studying and I just want her to know I'm proud." He shrugs.

Nora giggles and leans over to hug him. "I love you dad."

"Ugh get off." Charlie swats her away as everyone laughs.

Jacob follows her to the kitchen, his hands in his pocket. "I got you something." He grins, his hair tied back in a bun today.

Nora wipes her hands clean, grinning. "Oo gimme!"

Jacob holds out his big hand, two thin braided bracelets in his palm, one a yellow tone and the other a burnt orange. "I made these for you." He grins.

Nora's jaw hangs open as she slowly takes them, feeling the smoothness of the material

Nora's jaw hangs open as she slowly takes them, feeling the smoothness of the material. "You made them?" She says gently.

Jacob nods as he takes her hand and then slips each bracelet on, tightening them a little. Her heart races at his touch. "For you."

Nora gazes up at him, taking a deep breath. "Thank you. No one has ever made me anything before."

He shrugs and smiles. "What are friends for."