𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

The next day, JJ is still thinking about how he said he didn't love Madelyn. Though, that was just a lie, he did not want to say that.

"m'love" jj whispers while he plays with Maddie's hair, she is laying on top of him, cuddling into him.

"hm?"

"they asked me if I'm in love with you" he says so she opens her closed eyes, looking up at him, and leaning her chin on his chest.

"you denied it right?"

"of course, don't you remember, deny, deny, deny" he lets out a sigh.

"so what's the matter babe" she aks, laying her head back on his chest.

"it... It didn't feel right to say no, that's all" he rests his hands on her lower back.

"I know that you love me, that's the only thing that matters" she sits up, kissing his cheek as he smiles.

"now get your ass up, my brother's on his way" she informes him, causing him to groan in disappointment.

Jb was at the wreck, so luckily they have the cheateu to themselves.

"m'kay" he mutters, sliding down on the bed, before standing up.

"don't be sad, baby, we'll cuddle later"
She reassures him, cupping his face in her hands.

"when?" he whispers in a sad voice, and she couldn't help but presses her lips on his.

"love you"

"love you too"

He gives her a last kiss on her lips before dragging himself into his room. After a few minutes they hear the front door open.

JJ is just frowning under his covers, thinking about how bad he wants to be with Maddie right now. Even if they are in the same chateau, he misses her.

She is in her bed, scrolling trough her phone while trying to forget how she misses him in her arms.

Maybe it is the fact that they couldn't tell anyone, or maybe it was because they love each other so much, but they feel so numb without the other.

"I'm back!" John b calls as he goes into the cheateu.

"hey" maddie says, walking out of her room.

"where's JJ?"

"uh in his room I guess"

"I heard my name?" JJ jokes, coming into the living room too.

He definitely just came to see maddie.

"yeah uh I wanna talk to you two" John b says, JJ and Madelyn nod.

"about what?" Maddie asks, they all sit on the couch.

"I uh continued what our dad started" he says and Maddie and JJ look at him confused.

"the gold?" she asks.

"yes, I remember your dad always said something about gold" JJ nods.

"I found the gold" he says proudly, causing Maddie and JJ to look at him with wide eyes.

"like, for real?" JJ asks and John b nods, smiling.

When he's done, he makes his way over to Sarah's house. JJ and Madelyn are just lucky that John b is leaving them alone. Just because John b would never think that JJ bangs his sister.

"hey baby" once JB left the house, she jumps into JJ's arms and he carries her on the couch.

"hey handsome" she giggles and they cuddle on the couch.

"you happy about the gold?" JJ muffles into her hair, while he is on top of her.

"ya to going full kook!" Maddie cheers in a whisper and they both smile.

"I'm just scared" she whispers and JJ tilts his head to look at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"why's that babe?" he asks, tucking her hair back and holding himself up on top of her, using his elbows.

"bacause of everything, what if something bad happens. Like we don't find the gold or something happens to you or someone of us jay" Maddie says and JJ nods.

"I will always protect you, alright? So don't let this pretty mind get filled with those questions" he tickles her sides a little bit and they both smile.

"I love you" she whispers and he cuddles into her again.

"I love you more" he snuggles his face into the crook of her neck.