ii.

FREAKS : beginning 1

  "Places everyone," the director whispers to the cast, and they all get into action as the velvet red curtain draws open, light dimming

  "Places everyone," the director whispers to the cast, and they all get into action as the velvet red curtain draws open, light dimming. A stage hand sets up a large fan behind the folded curtain, turning on the powerful breeze as Nana's helpers smooth out her long, gorgeous dress.

The music swells as she begins to sing. "Once there was a way..."She sings, gracefully walking up the prop rock, "to get back homeward."

Petals dance in the air around her as the moon is bright against the dark blue backround. "Once there was a way..." She pauses walking, her scarf elegantly waving "to get back home..." The cast get into position, kneeling to Nana as she reaches the top, "sleep pretty darling, do not cry... And I will sing a lullaby..."

"This was it. The moment it all began.
Ihe moment an ordinary little guy, fell in love with the theater."

A little boy with silver hair tries jumping to see the beautiful woman singing better, making his dad chuckle and hoist him on his lap, securing him so he wouldn't fall.

"Everything about it. The lights, the way the scenery moved. Even the smell." The boy looked at his dad in wonder making his dad chuckle with a smile.

"He was only six years old... But his plans to become the first little boy in Space were suddenly toast."

"Some folks may have said he grew up to be the greatest showman the 61 city had ever seen."

Ms. Crawly smiles as she stands next to Buster. He looking around in excitement as he grips the golden scissors in his hands.
Eddie grins and crosses his arms, standing behind Buster's dad as he watches his best friends.

"Some called him a visionary.. A maverick."

Everyone smiles and poses as the camera takes a picture, Buster about to cut the rope. "Other folks called him crazy as he was stubborn, but I say wonder doesn't come easy, pal."

The walls were decorated with show tickets and flyers, and some autographs. Buster spins around in his chair with grin, holding a pen.

"And I should know, because I.. Am
Buster-"

"Moon! open this door!" the voice interrupted him, And at the same time Miss Crawly came into his room "Good morning, Mr. moon."

"Miss crawly. What, uh.. What's going on?"

"You got a lot of people waiting to see you, Mr. moon." Miss Crawly replied. "I do?" Buster asked, peering through the window "Holy moly, I really do."