vi.

FREAKS: live for music

Miss Crawly sobs while Buster paces frantically

Miss Crawly sobs while Buster paces frantically. "For the last time Miss Crawly, I am not going to fire you. Now would you pull yourself together. And please blow that nose of yours." Buster said, She blows her nose. It sounds like a gloop-filled trumpet. "No no no! Not in here. Blow it outside! Thank you."

"I’m sorry, Mr. Moon.." She scuttles out of the room, howling with remorse. Eddie sits at Buster’s desk. Buster paces. "Buster, whaddya expect? She’s like, 200 years old." said Eddie. Buster leaned his hand on the table and said, "Eddie. Please. Look, if your folks could just loan me the money until—" Eddie interrupted him with a laugh "$100,000? Buster, come on!"

Buster started walking here and there in his office, "Whew.. I’ve gotta think. I’ve gotta think. I’ve got to come up with a solution, I’ve got to think, there’s got to be a way.." He muttered to himself. "Look maybe it’s time to stop thinking and it’s time to just move on. I mean, this theatre of yours— you could get some decent money for it and, I dunno, maybe we could do something together." Eddie suggested.

"What?! what, sit around playing video games? Dah! Do you know what that is??" Buster points to a bucket etched with the logo: Moon’s Car Wash. "Uhhh... It’s a bucket?" Eddie answered uncertainly. "Yes and do you know why I have this bucket?" Buster asked again. "Cos the roof is leaking?"

"No, that’s the bucket for the leak." Buster points to a different bucket filled with water, he then took the bucket, "I have this one cuz it belonged to my father. Every day for 30 years he worked his hand off washing cars just so I could buy this place. Every day, Eddie. Just for me.."

"Wow. He sounds like a great dad." Eddie replied with a sigh, "So how do you wanna handle this?" he asked. Before Buster could answer, Miss Crawly called out "Uh Mr. Moon, I got Judith from the bank holding on line 2 again." Buster sighs.

"Well there’s only one thing I can do."

The auditorium doors burst open revealing Buster who holding the orange flyer, and Eddie. The cast mill about on stage. "Okay, everybody listen up! I gotta send you all home. Right now. " The cast looks confused.

"Yup. Cuz like my dad used to say, get a good night’s sleep, and do a great day’s work!" Buster said, making the others smile. Except for Eddie, who slapped his forehead. "That’s right. Rehearsals begin first thing tomorrow morning and if you wanna become stars and win a hundred grand, then you better be ready to work harder than you’ve ever worked in your lives. So get some sleep and dream big dreams!"

The cast cheers, and The Q-teez dance around their boombox. "This is exciting, isn’t it?" Rosita giggled. "Miss Crawly!" Buster called. Then she shoos them off the stage "Ok. Come on, that’s enough now, come on, off the stage."

Eddie approaches Buster, "Dream big dreams?" He asked. "I know, that’s good, right?" Buster replied. "What about the hundred grand?"

"What's with the Hundred Grand?" Someone asked, Making them both flinch. "Oh, I-it's just (Y/n). Wait, you're not home?" Buster asked, "I left my phone in the toilet. Sorry to interrupt your conversation." The girl replied. "Y-you didn't hear anything did you?" Eddie asked, "Not really, but did something happen?"