one-hundred-twenty-two

Sofie felt enchanted while kissing Charles again for the first time in weeks, only realising now how much it had hurt her to miss him. Her heart skipped a beat when she realised she'd probably started loving him even more over time, and he needed to know exactly how much.

Charles rushed Sofie inside his apartment. At one moment in time, he felt like he could hold his breath forever. His lips moved over hers, hands shoving her coat down her shoulders. He kicked the door shut with the sole of his foot. 'I fucking missed you, mon amour.' He breathed against her lips, hands eager to feel familiar again. He could barely believe the relief that he was feeling. How had he survived so long without her?

Sofie's back collided with the wall behind her. She inhaled sharply when her boyfriend's lips trailed down her neck, in the meantime shaking off his own coat. 'I need you, Charles.' Was all she was able to say, the rush of his touch taking ahold of her. 'I love you. I love you.' She repeated.

Charles cursed under his breath, then kissed her again as if his life depended on it. He softly smiled against her lips. It was passionate, loving and exceptionally desperate; almost exactly like their last kiss, but yet so different. Then, the kiss quickly turned into nothing but desire. Their hands turned to be rough and needy.

Sofie pulled Charles's shirt over his head before they started to stumble through the hallway, and up the stairs.

The pair confidently fumbled with each other's clothing, soon leaving it spread over the bedroom floor. And while Charles could barely keep his hands off her, Sofie made sure to press him into the mattress and slowly trail wet kisses down his toned chest, then stomach, driving him crazy. 'Fuck. I love you.' Charles cursed, his breathing restless and messy. 'I love you so much.'

They eventually came to be under the sheets, grunting and moaning into each other's mouths, shamelessly naked on top of one another. Sofie felt like she couldn't breathe without him; without his hands on her she felt empty and cold. Like there was something missing. She needed to feel his naked body on hers at all times, scared that he could be taken away from from her any moment. Sofie got lucky, because Charles had grown addicted to her body in the worst kind of way; grabbing her thighs, marking her collarbone and mumbling multiple 'I love you's' while making love to her.

Later that hour, Sofie pulled the warm sheets up to her chin. With her head resting on Charles's bare chest, her fingers drew circles on his forearm, which was lovingly wrapped around her. 'I don't wanna be away from you again.' She sighed, meaning every single word.

'I wish it were that easy, baby.' Charles stroked her hair out of her face, a small exhale leaving his lips.

Sofie pushed herself up, her naked body shifting on top of Charles's. 'I'm so happy you kissed me that night. I might not be here right now if you hadn't.' She smiled.

'Who says I kissed you?' Charles smiled back, admiring the lovely features on her face. 'Pretty sure you're the one that kissed me.'

Sofie rolled her eyes, then chuckled. 'I honestly can't remember.'

Charles trailed his fingers up and down her bare back softly. 'Me neither.' He said, feeling the desperate need to kiss her again. 'All I know is that I couldn't get enough of you. And that I shouldn't have let you slip away.' He said, a hint of regret finding his voice. 'You know I should've taken you home with me. I should've come after you.'

Sofie smiled, true happiness appearing on her face, nothing less and nothing more. 'Well, I think we ended up alright.'

'We did.' He kissed her briefly.

Seconds later, they shared another kiss. It was real and addicting. And then, both realised they were made for each other.