Chapter 4

10:45am

After a LONG drive I finally arrived in town. Once I was in town I stopped to get some gas before stopping by 3 places. The first was a small hardware shop on the far side of town. I was applying for the job at the register. Working at the register can't be that bad right?

The second place I stopped by was a newsletter place and there I applied for writing news articles for the paper. I figured it would be easier for me considering it was a 35min drive from my house to haddonfield and i'd be working from home.

And the last place I stopped by, well actually just a call. It was a real estate company called 'Strode real estate' but some of the locals called it 'strode realty.' I found it via the build board, and said they were looking for employees. So I called and talked for some time with this guy named 'Mason Strode' and immediately they told me to come in for an interview tomorrow. With that I pulled into a gas station to fill my tank up and grab a snack and a drink for the ride home. As I was at the register paying for my stuff, a news report caught my eye.

"Dead Body found 30 miles out of haddonfield, ILL, paramedics and police suspect victim was strangled to death. The victim's name was David Phillips, he was found a few feet away from his vehicle with nothing other than a hospital gown lying a few feet away from the victim's body. Police suspect it was none other than former escapee Michael Myers who escaped from Smiths grove sanatorium just last night."

Both me and the cashier had our faces glued to the tv.

"He's come home," the cashier says, breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry, what?" I say confused.

'He's come home" he paused. "15 years ago, it was Halloween night 1972. 6 year old Michael had just gotten back from trick or treating. When he saw through the window his older sister Judith, on the couch with her boyfriend, then they had gone up to her room, when Michael had gotten inside her boyfriend was already leaving. Michael then went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife from the Drawer, went upstairs and stabbed his sister to death, when his mom arrived home he was outside knife in hand. Not to long after that he was admitted to smiths grove"

He finishes.

"Oh wow" I mutter as I am deep in my thoughts.

"$7.25" he says

"What?' I say, barely snapped out of my thoughts.

"Your total, $7.25" he exclaims

"Oh yeah, uh can I also get $10 on 4?"

"Ok you should be good to go" he says while pressing buttons and typing stuff in.

"Ok thank u, have a good day" I say while heading for the door.

"you too, and don't let the boogie man get you" he exclaims in a more serious tone.

 I walk back out to my car and I throw my snacks in the passenger side as I pump my gas. Suddenly I get the sudden feeling I'm being watched.

(A/N) hi it has been a HOT min but hey here's another chapter and its longer and finally progressing somewhere yay! :D but anyway I have a question for you guys. Would you guys rather prefer more frequent updates but shorter chapters or have long chapters but less frequent updates? Because I can't decide, I like writing shorter chapters but they don't have that much detail as for longer chapters they have more detail and more story to them but they take me longer to write. Anyway let me know what you think. But like i've said before, don't be afraid to correct me if there are any spelling mistakes and let me know how you liked this chapter, have a great day or night, bye :)