The sweetness is incomparable

Now, this pandemic wasn't exactly part of their life plans. But, it has arrived and it is here to stay. They had to adjust. They had to sacrifice their planned world tour for 2020. They had to stay at home, just by themselves.

Not that it was a problem, no. It was never a problem. Not for them, at least. They've been in it for half of their lives now. They've also promised themselves to each other for the rest of their lives.

So, this will be breezy for them. No matter how much they spend time with each other, they could never get sick of their company.  That had been a fact, long before they even decided to share their lives formally.

So, this is an advantage for them.

They get a lot more videos filmed. They could brainstorm easier and they don't have the expectation of a world tour. They love world tours, they meet the people that support them and the people that they had at least a little bit of impact in their lives.

But, it is nice to take it easy for a while. Enjoy their marriage and work much more serenely and sincerely. Their love is enough to overcome everything. So, the definition of domesticity for them is definitely different than with other people.

Domesticity for them isn't painting the house together or comfortable silence during dinner. Domesticity for them was Brett handling business phone calls because Eddy gets overwhelmed by them or Eddy setting up the camera equipment because even if Brett can do it, God knows he does it horribly.

Domesticity for them wasn't just doing things together or for each other. It was always about how they function with each other. Somehow, they have always got the balance right. So, here they were: they just finished filming. It was bizarre how they weren't that busy.

They didn't really know what to do, so they decided on just going to bed, even if they weren't going to sleep immediately. Eddy chose to sleep with a worn out hoodie and some comfy pajamas. Brett chose to just wear a shirt and some old gym shorts. If he wore exactly what Eddy did, he would probably sweat so much.

They were standing on their bathroom, side by side as they brush their teeth together. They weren't sleepy, but they certainly were tired, so they were moving a lot slower than usual. They were in no rush to get to bed, so they take their time.

"You should attempt carrying me to bed." Eddy joked once they were finished getting ready for bed.

Brett didn't say anything and just tapped the back of Eddy's left thigh, asking him to jump. Eddy was hesitant so Brett took it upon himself to carry the taller man bridal style. It was awkward but Brett made it anyway.

He threw Eddy to bed and laughed. He was wheezing and incoherent but he did enjoy the imperfect experience. Eddy was fake-pouting in front of Brett. His bottom lip was so prominent that Brett traced over it lightly. He was still laughing but he had a tender look on his face.

Eddy can't help but mirror the same look of tenderness that Brett was offering to him. His lips curl into a small but genuine smile. The moment passes when Brett decided to turn their lights off. The room was only illuminated by the lamps by their respective bedsides.

Brett slowly crawled in the bed, facing Eddy in the process of doing so. His hands went back to caress Eddy's lower lip while Eddy stilled with anticipation running through his veins. Brett was still silent but leaned down to give his husband a gentle kiss on the corner of his mouth. His thumb was still tracing over Eddy's lips.

Eddy was frozen still, he could feel Brett's lips close to him but not close enough. He sighed a little bit, still infatuated with the innocent kiss his husband gave him. They have done dirtier things and as much as Eddy appreciated those moments where it is just them and that type of sexual intimacy, nothing still beats these types of intimacy.

The tenderness of it was impeccable.

Still, Brett was cheeky in his own right, so his lips moved to Eddy's own lips. It was still gentle and filled with love and infatuation. Eddy feels like he is drowning in love but he does not mind it. It is pure bliss.

Brett ended up lying both of them down, still kissing Eddy as they lied on their sides. Brett's hand moved to Eddy's cheek. Eddy intertwined Brett's vacant hand with his. They both enjoyed the affection but they had to pull away because they needed to breathe.

If there was an option to breathe each other in, they wouldn't pull away. Unfortunately, there was no such option, so they needed oxygen to breathe.

"God, I've never been kissed like that..." Eddy started, breathless as ever.

"Oh, yeah?" Brett questioned, their foreheads resting against each other.

"Definitely not. Probably the best kiss I'll ever receive in my lifetime." Eddy whispered.

"Well, I'm glad that it's only me, then." Brett whispered back, his hand still caressing Eddy's cheek.

"Me too."

After a few moments of silence, Brett was the one to fill it up with haunting words.

"It's been almost a year since we married and almost two years of being a couple together, but I still find myself falling asleep with you in mind even if I hold you close every night."

"God, Brett Yang, you make me feel so young." Eddy replied with a smile.

"You are young, dumbass. Stop acting like you'll be seventy soon." Brett joked lightly.

"Well, it doesn't matter. You'll grow old with me whether you like it or not." Brett threatened, but there was no bite to it.

"You threaten me as if that will scare me." Eddy joked.

"Good thing it doesn't faze you at all. Because I have no plans letting you go, ever." Brett started 

"I mean, I did vow myself to you and you to me. I love you, Brett." Eddy declared, words sweeter than anything you could ever consume.

"I love you too, Eddy. I'm glad I could keep you." Brett reciprocated.

Eddy turned around as Brett engulfed him in a warm cuddle.

"I know we aren't sleeping anytime soon, but I wanna hold you close." Brett started.

"Of course..." Eddy said, accepting the affection from Brett.

Moments of calm like these are the ones Eddy would live for. Brett liked the whirlwind type of moments, the ones where Eddy unexpectedly sweeps him off his feet. But, they share these moments equally nowadays.

They didn't feel the need to show their love the way other people did. There's nothing wrong if people do this, but it is not for them. They weren't subtle, that is given and both love grand gestures, but most of the affections were behind the scenes.

Brett and Eddy were happy and it's all that matters to them.