But soft storms occur

"I love you, hubby. But let's stop the argument here, okay? I don't wanna sleep without resolving this." Brett coaxed, opening his arms but not holding Eddy without his permission.

"I love you too, Brett. You have to understand why I got a bit mad, okay? I'm sorry I reacted that way but you know you can't just subject yourself to pushing it when you're obviously exhausted. I got a bit mad because I don't want you to repeat last year's mistake." Eddy explained, allowing himself to be wrapped around Brett's arms.

"I know you're concerned, Eddy. I'm sorry I made you worry. Thank you for it but I know my limits, too. I'm an adult and so are you." Brett said gently, rubbing his husband's back.

"I know... Still, I only want you to stay safe."

"I know... And thank you for that."

"Wanna head to bed now and cuddle?"

"Yes, please..."

Months passed by and it seems that the problem was never there on the first place. They communicated effectively and no one was lying. Everything is turning out great.

Until Brett Yang came home from one evening, after running errands needed for their shared home.

"Eddy, I feel like I can't do this anymore..." Brett started, slowly putting his things on the counter of their shared Brisbane home.

"You wanna take a break from filming?" Eddy asked, slowly looking up at his beloved husband.

"No, Eddy. Not filming... This. Our marriage..." Brett started hesitantly, toying with the car keys that he put on the counter.

Eddy was quiet for a while. Taking in what he just heard before reacting.

"You want a divorce or just a small time apart?" Eddy asked slowly, everything still not sinking into him properly.

"Honestly, I don't know what I want right now... I just need a break." Brett admitted.

"Okay then, if it's what you want. I'm staying with Ma for a while, okay? Just a few days, so you and I could clear our heads..." Eddy started, knowing that this is the best thing to do for now.

"What if I end up still feeling this way, even with a clear head?" Brett asked, scared of the answer he might get.

"Well Brett, if that's the case, then you talk to me regardless. We'll just decide when we have clear heads. It will be for the best."

"Okay..."

"You'll be alright here?"

"Yes. I will be..."

"I love you, Brett..."

"I know, Eddy... I know."

Soon enough, Eddy was knocking on the door of his childhood home. He was greeted by his mother who was about to settle in for the evening.

"You and Brett had a quarrel?" Mama Chen asked, looking at the overnight bag Eddy was holding.

"Not really a quarrel, Ma. Just needed a break before it turns to a full blown quarrel." Eddy said, sitting on the couch he still vividly remembered from his childhood.

"You talked it out instead?"

"Yeah, Ma."

"Already better than most married people would do." Mama Chen said, nodding in approval.

"You think so, Ma?"

"Not think so, know so."

She sat down next to Eddy and rested her head on his shoulder.