The sweetest you could ever have

"Stop overworking yourself, love. You're gonna get yourself sick. Especially you're not used to staying up all night, like I do." Eddy started, trying to take Brett's laptop away from him.

"I know, but we have to handle this, love. It's from the other side of the world, so we can't just leave them on seen. I'll be in bed soon, alright. As soon as they answer, I will be there." Brett coaxed, showing Eddy the emails.

"Fine, but I'm staying up with you. Mostly because I'm not yet sleepy. I don't think I'll ever be so sleepy before 3am." Eddy said, sitting down next to Brett.

"Okay... I love you, hubby."

"I love you too, honey..." Eddy said sweetly. "Now, go to bed with me after a while, okay?" He added, kissing his husband's cheek.

"I will, don't worry..." Brett said, kissing his husband back.

Brett and Eddy continued their own works and they finally went to bed together after brushing their teeth. Brett was the first to sigh out of relaxation. Eddy just went to bed with him in order to relax, too.

"Man, I never realized how tired I am until now." Brett said yawning, cuddling up to Eddy.

"I told you so. I know that we love what we are doing but rest is important, honey. Don't compromise it, okay?" Eddy warned, holding his husband close.

"I know." Brett said, breathing evening out.

"Sleep, okay? We have to film for tomorrow. It's the blind dating video." Eddy responded as he smiled.

"Okay. I will..." Brett yawned.

- - - - - 

"Brett, are you sure you could continue to film for today? We could always reschedule." Eddy inquired, obviously unsure about how Brett was feeling.

"I'll be fine, hubby. I mean, I'll just sit down and play along. Don't worry about me, okay? I love you..." Brett assured, resting his head on Eddy's shoulder as they commute to the studio they were gonna film at.

"Okay, if you say so, but the moment you feel unwell, we are going back home." Eddy whispered.

"Yes, I know." Brett replied, holding Eddy's finger occupied with the rings.

The rest of the trip was silent and comfortable. Once they arrived, they set everything up and got ready for the shoot. Eddy was already sensing that something was wrong with Brett but he trusted his partner's capability of knowing himself.

Besides, Brett is an adult that is capable of taking care of himself. Yes, it's normal that Eddy worries but he trusts Brett. So, the shoot goes on smoothly but awkwardly since Brett didn't want to remove contestants. When it was done, they all took pics, went out for dinner and the husbands thanked everyone for their effort today.

After dinner, Brett and Eddy went home. Just when they entered the door, Brett passed out unexpectedly. Eddy was terrified but he did not panic. He laid Brett on their couch and waited for him to get his consciousness back.

The moment that Brett was stable enough, they went to the hospital. Results said that it was nothing fatal, something close to chronic fatigue but not quite. In short, he'll be alright but he needed a break. They both did.

So, Eddy filmed a video, explaining exactly why they needed the break, but not going to full detail about Brett's condition. They wouldn't know how long the break would take, but Eddy was going to make sure that his husband was resting well.

- - - - -

"Honey, are you sure you're gonna be alright? I could get it for you." Eddy said, handing Brett a glass of water.