❥ 54. Cruor

Cruor (noun)
Bloodshed, Murder

♡♡

A fragment of imagination?

What bullshit was he believing? He was such an idiot to get swayed by a thought like that? He should have done better. He could have done something but here he was, powerless.

He analyzed things rationally, and always he did it but this time ignoring basic common sense was such a crude mistake he made. He paid more attention to facts, unaware that they were being manipulated. How more of a fool he could be? Trashing the contents from his desk down he tried releasing his anger.

The red beeping dot made bile rise to his throat, his fist was curled and his jaw ached seeing its location.
But more than anger, he felt fear. A tremor of fear crosses his heart feeling how helpless he is going to be. He was far away from her, she was there unguarded and away from him. His eyes betrayed and moisture threatened to leak out.

In a frenzy, he dialed the number of his pilot. He didn't have the time or patience to get things coordinated by Danish. He had to do it on his own.

"M...Mr. Malik"

"Samuel Get the jet ready. We have to reach India asap." He barked orders.

"What? I m...mean sir I'm not in town. I thought...."

"I don't care what you thought. Get somebody else to prepare it and get here in the next half an hour. I don't have time." RV cut him off impatiently.

"But S...Sir..."

"Get fucking work done Samuel"

RV resisted the urge to smash his phone, curling his fist he tried keeping himself away before causing more rampage.

"What the hell happened?!" Danish asked standing at the door sill. His eyes took in the mess he stood in between. Taking careful steps, he decided to tread further. "RV what's wrong?"

"We got fucking played. That's what has happened" RV clutched the roots of hairs. "That fucking Bastard played us. That fucker was lying to us from the very day we put him behind Naveen Adhikari. He was working for Naveen instead of us. Back-stabbing Ass-hole."

"How do you know that?" Danish winced at the flowing curses but inhaled cautiously, not liking where this was going.

RV turned his laptop screen towards the man, letting the machine almost fall with force. "Do you see this red dot?! I used our tracking software and fed Naveen into the database. This is his real-time location. He is in..."

"Mumbai" Danish completed with a  gasp, his eyes studying the screen.

"He is in Mumbai for the last 17 hours but Jaydev kept lying to us on the face. He lied to me." He slammed on the wooden desk, making it shudder "He was never working for us but that bastard. He kept deceiving us about him and his acts, Check this"