Nothing to worry about

(Jacob)

 The Alpha, Luna, and Gamma from the dark shadow pack were proving to be difficult. They were acting as if they were innocent, when I could already sense what type of person they are. They knew me, knew of my pack, and what I was capable of, but still, they had to try to challenge me.

I didn't want to do it, but they deserved it, so Midnight took over and sent them to no man's land without any of the protective spells I used before, they didn't deserve such luxury. He saw Malachi as His brother, so anyone who messed with him was going to pay dearly.

What I found there left my heart broken into a million pieces. Children were being starved and kept as slaves. Women were beaten while the men were training until death.

“Why didn't any of you stand up to them?” I asked and saw them flinch while looking at me with a frightened look on their faces. I sighed and shook my head.

“Take me to those who are injured.” I was now being led to what looked like a run-down shack that was used as a pack hospital. What the hell? I could count at least twenty-two of them who were badly injured, so I got to work speeding up their recovery.

I had gotten over my fear of wanting others to know about my powers, since I had to use them in this case. It wasn't just about demoting an alpha or Luna. It had to deal with healing and using my other abilities the best I could. Not only that, but it took me a while to get everyone healthy again, even though I could tell they were afraid of me, afraid of what I could do.

“I won't harm you. The alpha and Luna are no more, the gamma as well because of personal issues. Tell me, is there someone here you trust with your life who you would want to take that title?” I asked the small crowd that had gathered. An elderly man stepped forward and nodded his head.

“His name is Frédérique sir. He's the beta here. He's always been good to us behind the alpha and Luna's back, tried everything he could just to make sure we were ok.” I nodded my head at him.

“If you don't mind me asking, sir, what did you do to them?” The man asked, but I didn't answer him because I didn't know what to say. I wanted them to trust me.

“Never mind that, where is your delta?” I asked, and he looked down.

“He died of a rogue attack two months ago, sir.” I nodded my head and continued with my questions.

“Did any of you know of a Malachi?” I asked, and I heard a sharp inhale coming from the man.

“Black hair, blue eyes?” He asked as a way of describing Malachi, and I nodded my head.

“That boy has been through so much since the day he was found, and because of his omega status. He's strong that young man, he got kicked out for reasons we don't know, I take it that you've found him?” I started explaining things to him about what took place and saw a look of relief on his face. I asked for this Frédérique person, and he stepped forward with his head bowed in respect.

“I would like to hand the title over to you as alpha of this pack. This place needs a lot of work, so I hope you're ready for it. Make sure to treat your people with respect, or I will be back and hand you the same fate as them.” He nodded his head, and I placed my hand on his forehead while chanting the spell that would allow him to become the alpha.

Once I was done, everyone was cheering, finally free from the cruelty and could move on with their lives without having to worry about anything.

“Let's go, guys. I miss my mate and have been away from him for too long.” I gestured to Landon, Cale and one of my warriors, Jason, to follow me, which they did. We shifted, and I took off as fast as I could to get back to Arlo.

I felt like something was off. My mind wasn't settled because I wasn't close to him. I was now home as I ran towards my room after Arlo told me he was there. His voice sounded strange, I wondered why.

I opened the door and saw him lying on the bed looking comfortable as ever, I couldn't wait anymore as I got in bed next to him and pulled him towards me while tickling him. He was laughing and telling me to stop, which I did because I didn't want to overdo it.

“So what did I miss while I was gone?” I asked, and he went silent as he was looking down. I frowned because I didn't like this change. In him, I had to make sure he was always laughing no matter what.

'Do you smell that?' Midnight asked, and I shook my head and started sniffing the air. My eyes became wide as I realized what was going on, but I decided to play it cool since it seemed as if Arlo wanted to tell me himself, and he was a bit nervous.

“I uh, I have something to tell you, but you have to promise me you won't get mad.” I nodded my head and smirked as he started fidgeting with his hands. If he thought I was going to disown my pup that was inside him, he thought wrong. I wasn't a loser, I wanted a family, and I was glad I was getting one with him.

“So today I went for a run, but shortly after that, I started to vomit. Turns out I'm pregnant.” He whispered the last part as if afraid of my reaction, and I chuckled and held him closer to me.

“My name is Jacob Valentine, Alpha King of the Sky Blue Pack. I am nineteen years old and damn it if I don't want to start a family with you. I will always love and protect you and my pup with all of my heart, I accept you both into my life, and nothing will ever change the way I feel about you.” He started crying after I was done with my speech. It took a while for him to calm down, but at least he did, and now he started chuckling.

“I cringed so hard, I bet I would still feel it next year.” I laughed and started kissing him all over while he was squealing and trying to get away from me.

“I love you, Arlo Quinn, with all of my heart, and I'm glad you're mine, no matter what you say. Just know that you won't be able to get to do certain things that you've liked doing before, like climbing trees, because I'll be on your ass twenty-four-seven whether you like it or not.” He scrunched his face up and shook his head.

“When did you get so sappy? Even though you're saying the right things. My family is already overprotective of me, and now you? When did I get so lucky?” He asked, and I kissed him with everything I had, showing him how much he meant to me.

He was going to see a different side of me from now on because if he didn't like that I was so overprotective before, he's going to hate it even more right now. I have to step up and be a father, and I'll be one of the best father there is. At least he has a family that loves him, and so did I with all of my heart.