Chapter 11

Nat's POV

Seriously? I have to train her? I have no desire to spend time with her. I hate her, I can't stand her. I hate her, she should be locked up in a cell and not run around like that. Anyone else could train her! Why me? They all seem to like her, I don't understand. Even Clint became friends with her. The only one who is on my side is Bruce but I don't know if it's because he's indifferent or because he hates her like I do.

After several minutes of just stumbling around my room, I hear a knock on the door. I recognize the intonation, the force put into the knock. Clint.

So I open the door and let him in before closing the door behind him.

"What do you want Clint?"

"I know Fury asked you to train Y/n, I know you don't like her. But you mustn't let your emotions get the better of you. Maria told me you got mad at the director. You can't do that Nat."

"And what did you want me to do? That I would accept it nicely? You want me to do what you do, become friends with her like nothing happened? Like she was a little angel?"

"Nat... I know you're mad at her but-"

"No Clint! There's no 'but'! How can you talk to her, laugh with her knowing she's killed dozens of agents? Your friends! You let her walk freely all over the compound like she's innocent!" I'm so pissed off I'm screaming

"Nat you should try to understand her, talk to her. Don't be so hard on her." says Clint to me, annoyed

"Understand her? There's nothing to understand! She's just a heartless killer! Killing people is all she knows how to do, and here she is playing innocent. "

"She has no idea what she did! And obviously she never wanted to be part of Hydra! She's a victim in the story!" replied Clint, clearly annoyed by my behavior.

"A victim? AHAHAHAH" I laughed sarcastically which shocked Clint. But he quickly regained his posture and frowned. "She's no victim Clint." I finally said.

After a pause Clint spoke up again. "You know, after hearing her story I would have thought you'd be the first to want to help her."

"Why is that?"

"You two are the same," he said to me.

"Don't be silly, we don't have anything in common?" I replied with a huff

"Oh yeah? Trained from a young age to become a weapon, a deadly assassin who will only have to obey and kill on command. A girl who never wanted to become what she is now and all she ever wanted was a normal childhood with a loving family and friends." he paused for a moment and then continued, "Doesn't that remind you of anything?" He looked me straight in the eye and I did not see anger in his eyes but sympathy and understanding. I could see that he was a little angry at him for reminding me why I was born. I look away.

Seeing that I didn't respond he continued, "You got a second chance, why shouldn't she get one?" I looked him in the eye again without saying anything. I stood my ground, even though I knew he was right. He sighed and looked down. He walked over to my door, opened it and walked out. But he just stopped in the doorway, turned his head to look at me, said, "Think about it," and walked away leaving me alone in my thoughts.

~~

After thinking for hours without success, I decided to go talk to her. I have to tell her what time I'm going to train her, she better not be late. So I go to the living room but all I see is Steve and Clint. I expected her to be there. Their eyes landed on me.

"Where is Y/n?" I asked them. Both were surprised by my question. Steve looked quickly at Clint to see if he knew why I was looking for her. Surely he must know that he came to talk to me.