Chapter 46 : There is still hope left

Nat's POV

"Urgh..." my whole body hurts, my head hurts like hell but it's mostly my chest that hurts. That's where Y/n....

"Y/N!" I shouted as I jerked upright. A sharp pain then caught me in my chest, making me groan in pain and bend double on the bed.

"Wow easy there." said someone next to me. "You have serious injuries, moving might not help you heal. Lie down slowly, I'll increase the morphine and let Director Fury know you're awake." this person explained while gently pushing me down on the bed.

I didn't struggle any further and lay there thinking about Y/n.

I hope she's okay, I hope the others are okay. She didn't kill them I'm sure. She could have, she is capable but she didn't. Why didn't she? Something is wrong with this story. Hydra controls her, they ordered her to kill us, so why didn't she? Is it their order? Do they just want to show their power and show what they can do? It doesn't make sense, they gave us Y/n on a platter, if they control her by some kind of mental power, surely we can find a solution. Did they think of that? Did they want Y/n to join our team? Maybe to spy on us. Again this doesn't make sense, she attacked us, if she was going to spy on us from the inside, she should have gained our trust and started the missions with us again. That's what almost happened.

Maybe she still has some control over herself, so she would have stopped herself from killing us completely. No, no, no, that's not it. I saw the darkness in her eyes as she was about to give me the fatal blow. She's not there anymore. But she didn't kill me, she didn't give me that last blow. She looked rather confused when she left. I saw confusion on her face, even though it was very faint, a normal person wouldn't have seen that subtle change in her eyes, but I did. My words had an effect on her, however, I'm sure I didn't reach her, our Y/n. Something is definitely wrong with this whole thing. Maybe the others will have some answers for me by now... I hope they are okay.

"NAT!" I heard someone yell to my right, I turned my head in that direction and saw a flabbergasted Clint. He froze for a moment before rushing to my side. I then straightened up the bed a bit to find myself in a semi-sitting position.

"Oh my God Nat, are you okay? Are you in pain somewhere? Do you know where you are? Do you remember what happened?" Clint began to ask me questions without giving me time to say a word.

"Clint." I then tried to interrupt him.

"Are you hungry? Have you eaten? Do you want a drink? Are you cold maybe? Do you want me to-" he was then interrupted by Steve's hand resting on his shoulder. Clint looked at him, out of breath.

"It's okay, Clint," Steve said with a smile.

"I think she wants you to stop pestering her with your questions." Added Tony, who was arriving in turn, followed by Bruce, Thor, Fury and Maria.

Seeing them took a weight off my shoulders. They are fine. I'm so relieved. Surprisingly, only Tony still has a bruise on his face, it actually looks recent, it's weird.

"We're glad to see you're doing better Agent Romanoff," Fury says.

"Thank you sir, if I may ask, how long have I been in a coma?" I then asked, curious.

"It's been a little over a week since the Death Giver attack," Fury replied.

Death Giver... Indeed, it was she who attacked us, not Y/n. She would never do something like that. That's what I had been trying to get across to Maria when she had appeared before me.