Unofficial Welcome to the Season

1813

Dearest Diary,

  Today is the day that I am to be paraded in front of her Majesty the Queen with my little sister Daphne. My debut as is my sister's is a necessary rite of passage amongst the ton for the marriage minded and eligible misses to enter society and the marriage market. Today is the day we don our best gowns, our kind smiles, and our perfected walks as eligible and titled bachelors eye us ladies as if we are breeding stock.
    Being the age of one and twenty, I feel rather old; oh the irony. I feel the way I do although I am situated to be like a fresh fruit, ready to be plucked by any man with a title. Mama is absolutely overjoyed at the idea that not one, but two daughters are to enter society this year; with our younger sisters to follow behind us so soon. I being the eldest daughter am terrified yet intrigued to enter the marriage market, as my impending union influences my brothers and sisters' prospects. I just hope to have a dear love like mama and papa once shared.
Daph and our brothers are entering this season on different paths. Daphne is incredibly nervous, Colin is prepared to entertain the absent minded misses with a smile and cheeky flirtations. Benedict couldn't care less about society, being a second born son surrounds him in a cloud of inconspicuousness. He cares more about what goes on in the pages of his sketch book rather than what's in front of him. Then there's dear Anthony, my eldest brother and head of Bridgerton house. Anthony's priorities lie with what's between his mistresses's legs rather than his societal obligations and his family. May love, lust, and good fortune be bestowed on the Bridgerton name this season.

Yours always,

Cassandra.