All Eyes on Her

As the debutantes continued to be shown in front of the Queen, all Cassandra could think about was the Queen's high praise for her and her sister as well as the gracious invitation to a tea after the event. Her. Of all people, out of
all the debutantes, the Queen chose her.

After seeing his younger sisters receive such high praise, he was absolutely proud of his sisters and proud of himself. The two sisters had brought praise to the Bridgerton name, and the title that was bestowed upon him. Although he was late to today's event due to an entanglement with a certain sorprano, he was grateful he did not miss such a momentous occasion. Fear crept upon him as he realized his sister's would be two of the most sought after women of the ton, which means he would have to play fatherly duties instead of being the doting older brother.

After the debuts had concluded, the ton had filed out of the hall at once and were making their way to their respective carriages. The Bridgerton family had stood off to one side, staying with Cassandra until the Queen had made her way to her, and the whole family bowed. She took Cassandra's hand and started to lead her away from the family. Cassandra glanced back at her family before the Queen spoke.

  ' Flawless my dear, absolutely flawless. Out of all the debutantes that have brought themselves before me,  out of all my years I have never seen someone quite like you and your sister. Mostly you.' The pair of women strolled through a pair of doors that led out into a beautiful garden, the aroma of roses in full bloom wafted through the warm air.

   ' Your majesty,  I thank you for your kind words; truly. And I am in no way of disagreeing with you, but what is it about me that afforded a most gracious remark? My sister Daphne and the other debutantes are just as lovely as I. I am merely the first born daughter  of a viscount and out of nine children. Nothing much to me really.' Cassandra stated earnestly as she led the Queen over to a tent that held all the necessities for their private tea.

   The Queen sat down and waited as Cassandra had too before she spoke. ' You are simply not just a debutante, Miss. Bridgerton. I see more, I see me. These titles of society I don't see fit for you. I gave you a blessing this very morning, and I pray you don't take that in vain. Do not make me regret that blessing, because I would hate it. There's something I hate more than dim witted debutantes.'

Cassandra raised her brows curiously, ' And what do you hate more , your Majesty?'

' I hate being wrong.'

——

I'm so sorry this is kind of a " filler" chapter, however there's a surprise in store for Cassandra and Daphne 👀👀