Chapter 40[OLD]

"What?! He left?!" Exclaims Micheal.

Calvin nods.

...

"You are saying that there is something different about him?" Says Vicious.

"Although no adventurers paid attention to him, I find him rather interesting to be able to survive so long with zero talent so I paid a small amount of attention to him." Says Micheal. "I can say for sure, that something happened. But even if he wants to leave, he can't. He is already registered under the military in the adventurer department and the officials have ordered him to join the vanguard in the assault against the elve fortress east of Enchantio."

"They are asking him to die again?" Says Calvin.

"..."

--------------------------

I walk to the entrance, and the guard sees me and recognizes me. "Stop, where are you planning to go?" One of them asks.

"The capital," I reply.

"..."

The guards whisper something to one another before turning back to me. "I'm sorry but you will have to stay, you've been enlisted to participate in the next assault. Refusing to do will result in immediate execution." The guards draw their swords.

...

Time is not on my side. I do not know if one second in this illusion equals one second in the real world.

I wouldn't normally do this in real life but since it's an illusion...

I draw my sword.

!!

Immediately, I appear behind one of the guards and stab him.

"What-"

I decapitate two of the guards at once and gather demonic mana around my sword. A black ink engulfs my blade as I swing it down, black crescent energy flies towards the remaining three guards, killing them.

Huff huff...

"What...?" A sudden voice says.

?!!

I look around. The source of the sound is nowhere to be seen or detected.

That sounded like a young girl...

...

No, whatever.

I quickly run out of Enchantio. Taking a deep breath, I channel the mana into my leg and sprint at the highest speed possible.

However, after a few minutes, I detect a heavy presence. A woman is flying in the sky and launching herself at me.

"What the fuck?!"

I jump back instantly as she crashes into the ground in front of me. I formed several barriers around my body as I was blasted back from the wave, crashing through several trees and into the floor.

After the smoke clears up, it is clear who it is, Vicious.

"What? Why? How? Huh?" I gasp.

Wait wait wait. Something is wrong, Vicious is someone essential, yet they send her out to find me, a mere F rank?!

...

As I clear my head, a hypothesis came to mind. It was already illogical that those elders from the Azure family were trapped within the illusion for such a long time, they would have overcome their trauma or regret.

But...
The demonic sword is altering the illusion as it pleases as long as it can keep me in here. This Vicious in front of me has lost the light in her eyes as if she is being under control.