|| Chapter Thirty-Six: Triple Floor Chase ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

{Word Count: 3,693}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

After searching the second floor for no longer than five minutes, I was unable to find anyone. I walked out of the classroom I was currently in and slid the door shut behind me. Before I could progress forward to the next classroom, a sudden shriek caught my attention. 

Celeste.

The shriek was more realistic than the example she had provided earlier, but it was most definitely the Ultimate Gambler's voice. The scream had came from the floor above, so I traveled as quickly as I could to go investigate. Everyone else who heard the scream had also followed, as expected. 

"I-I saw him! He ran off when I screamed," Celeste's eyebrows furrowed before continuing, "I blocked the stairs, so he ran that way!" She pointed her pale finger in the direction where she had spotted Robo Justice.

Another scream had caught us all off guard before we could pursue Robo Justice. This one came from the first floor. Great, now we have to go back down.

"Was that Hifumi?! C'mon, let's go!" shouted Hina who was already rushing down the stairs. 

I grabbed her wrist before she could go. "What about Robo Justice? We still haven't gotten him yet."

"Why don't we split into two groups? A few of us go down to Hifumi while the rest pursue Robo Justice?" Celeste suggested, clasping her hands together. Her red eyes darted around at all of us as she awaited our answers. Without much hesitance, everyone agreed. 

I noticed Celeste smile a little. "Very well. (Y/n) and Hina, come with me to check on Hifumi. Everyone else, go look for the suspicious man."

"We will handle it. Go check on Hifumi," Sakura said, nodding her head at Hina, Celeste, and myself before heading off down the hall with Byakuya and Toko, who I hadn't even noticed had joined us, following behind her. With that, Hina, Celeste, and I quickly made our way to the nurse's office on the first floor. I led the trio and desired to be the first one to see what was happening.

Due to our fast pace, the three of us made it to the nurse's office in no time. I reached my hand out to the door, unable to see through the windows built into the pink door. I felt dread began to prickle at my skin as I slid open the door. The sight that greeted us caused me to gasp and hold back a gag.

The off-white tile was painted with the unsettling sight of fresh blood. Laying in the blood was none other than Hifumi Yamada, the man who we had just heard scream not too long ago. A scream of absolute horror from Hina pierced through the silence. 

"I-It seems something very a-awful has happened..." Celeste clenched her teeth and looked away from the bloody mess.

"Thanks for stating the obvious," I snapped at Celeste. Celeste's stare towards me hardened in distaste from my comment. I awkwardly looked away, mumbling a quiet apology. I shouldn't let my annoyance be a reason to snap at a time like this. 

I turned my attention back to Hifumi. I was just glad I couldn't see his lifeless stare through the bloodied lenses on his glasses. You would think after seeing so many corpses that you would get used to it, but it still creeped me out even now.

After a small while of staring at Hifumi, the monitor buzzed to life. I snapped my head towards the monitor, watching intently as Monokuma appeared on the screen. His eyes were squinted from how large the smile on his face was. "Upupu! Finally, a body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin! I will see you beary soon." Despite the situation at hand, Monokuma's mood was rather jocular. He gave a small wave before the monitor shut off, leaving us to investigate.