|| Chapter Ten: Hanging Out ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

(h/c)=(hair/color)

(e/c)=(eye/color)

>Edited<

{Word Count: 1899}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!" Monokuma's voice boomed from the monitor. "Get ready for another beautiful day!"

Although awakening to the sound of Monokuma's voice wasn't ideal, it couldn't be helped. I couldn't help but want to go back to sleep, despite the fact that I should be getting up and helping the others with figuring out details about this killing game.

I groan and force myself to sit up. I hop off the bed, messily making my bed. I head to the bathroom to freshen up. Despite this being a killing game, I don't want to embarrass myself by not being presentable.

After I finish my business in the bathroom, I exit and go to the door. I unlock it, stepping outside of my dorm. Right as I step out, I bump into a familiar face.

"I'm sorry!" Sayaka exclaims, her being the person I bumped into.

"Good morning Sayaka! It's fine, I just...didn't expect you to be here," I say, chuckling awkwardly.

"Perfect timing, (Y/n)! I was actually getting ready to head out, but I wanted you to come with me so we could talk a bit," Sayaka states with a smile. Her smile was laced with sweetness and only pure kindness, which I found quite odd.

"Uh, yeah sure; we can talk. Where are you heading?" I respond, running a hand through my (h/c) hair.

"Oh...um, I was thinking...maybe there is something here I could use for self-defense?" Sayaka speaks, her smile wavering into a neutral expression.

"Self-defense?" I question her as my eyebrows furrow. Was she really that worried about the killing game? Or perhaps she will use that "self-defense" weapon for a murder? Why does she need me there?

"Well, I mean, Monokuma and whoever he is working with can just attack us at anytime. You never know," the blue-haired pop idol remarks, "I just want to be able to protect myself no matter what."

So, Sayaka wants to be able to have a weapon for self-defense against Monokuma and the mastermind behind this killing school life? If I recall, there was a display case in the gym entryway filled with all sorts of things; maybe even something for self-defense.

"Let's try the gym," I suggest, earning a diminutive nod from her. 

I take the lead and begin walking to the gym, feeling confident enough to be able to travel to the gym without checking the map. On the way over to the gym, Sayaka and I pass by a few other students, muttering simple greetings.

We then finally reach the gym entryway, making me stop and turn to the display case located on the left-hand side of the room. I see what seems to be a replica sword, reaching over to graze it's cold surface. As soon as my skin comes into contact with the astonishing replica, the gold covering got all over my hand.

"Wow! It turned your hand totally gold!" Sayaka blurts beside me. "Even if it's just for self-defense, I think it's a little messy..."

"Well, it's better than absolutely nothing, right?" I utter as I glance at Sayaka with a hint of annoyance. It wasn't directed towards her, for I was simply annoyed at the brilliant gold covering my hands.