The end of two worlds

Every flame in the world is destined to burn out. Whether it's naturally by burning out it's wick, by a natural force, or by the power of another. In this tragedy ridden world, it just so happens that most of them are blown out by the power of another, and it just so happens that this one flame, is on the brink of its own extinction.

 In this tragedy ridden world, it just so happens that most of them are blown out by the power of another, and it just so happens that this one flame, is on the brink of its own extinction

"That superb reaction speed of yours... and these breathtaking sword skills will be lost too! Kyojuro! Doesn't that make you sad?"

An immortal entity, a true demon that plagued the world of man sneered towards kyojuro. It was encounters like these that brought him back from his dreams, a false hope that he would find another demon like Kohana completely rid of bloodshed. Though that's what he thought, but there indeed was one other hidden away in this world.

"It happens to everyone! It's a fact of life for any human!"

Kyojuro answered him confidently, clashing his sword against the demon's fists, soaked in the blood and lives of hundreds as he desperately tried to protect the lives of another few hundred behind him. Including a few injured slayers of his own kind. desperately struggling like a newly hatched bird, wounded with the urge to fight if it could even lighten the burden on his shoulders a little.

"Do not move! If that wound reopens it'll be fatal! Stand back that's an order!"

He shouted to a boy behind him, sparing a single second of his attention from the demon that charged towards him. he couldn't dare to think of the luxury of peace he had with Kohana, both his duty and his will wouldn't allow him to. But all the more his spirit burned, in hopes of the day to pass where he could run towards her with a stubborn determination to live.

Strike after strike, and injury after injury, he pushed himself to move forward with every burning cell in his body. But there was only so much he could do, as a fragile yet powerful being called a human. Crimson dyed his body from the inside and out, adorning him with the art of battle and pain.

"Did he do it? Did he win?"

A peculiar boy shouted, watching as kyojuro stand with a hopeless blade, against a enemy who didn't change since the moment he arrived. For Kohana, her unchanging and immortal form was beautiful, for his enemies they were a nuisance and a deadly ability. For Kohana her power gave life, for his enemies they took life as much as she created in her world.

A long anxious minute passed as kyojuro gathered all his might, reminiscing of the promise he made to come back, and the promise to protect.

"I... I will fulfill my duty! I will not allow anyone here to die!"

He shouted, gripping his sword as tight as he could, betting everything on a single strike. He dashed towards the enemy like a exploding flame, bringing terror against those who disrupt peace with the hope of victory. Nevertheless a hope is just a hope, a concept in one's mind, that ends up with it being unanswered most of the time.